LAGG-2 is coming...

ClayJar

I talked with CJ in the chat room. The only thing I know is that it will be a picnicy thing at Highland Road Park on July 13 Of course this is still up for discusion any suggestions are welcome.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal: a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a brush, but very very ravenous

However, being that it is this far in advance, and bearing in mind that nothing seems to have been set in stone yet, I think that since 2 nice folks, (DeO And Shybabe924) both of whom have been a part of past gatherings, have pointedly asked that a Sunday date be considered, I certainly think that consideration should be given to accomidating them.

And yes, while I havent logged a cache in a while, I AM still on the Debate Team... icon_biggrin.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

However, being that it is this far in advance, and bearing in mind that nothing seems to have been set in stone yet, I think that since 2 nice folks, (DeO And Shybabe924) both of whom have been a part of past gatherings, have pointedly asked that a Sunday date be considered, I certainly think that consideration should be given to accomidating them.

And yes, while I havent logged a cache in a while, I AM still on the Debate Team... icon_biggrin.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

buck8Point

Buck8Point

Okay, now that some details have followed (I didn't say *I* was going to be giving them, did I? icon_wink.gif), let's see where we stand.

Saturday would lock out two cachers who *could* make it on Sunday... and if it were on a weekday, we may even have Jamie Z (who has paddled through our fair state, IIRC) come down and join us.

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, I have a window of about 1-4pm that I can make, if it's in Baton Rouge. (We're having a band come in and play Sunday night, so there's no possible way that I can get out of Sunday morning or night that weekend. Sometimes it stinks to be the go-to guy.)

I'm not sure whether we could get anything together on a weekday at all... If Friday counts, we could probably get something together for a Friday evening... maybe a Friday evening get together at a non-dusk-closing area. Hmmm... here's a thought: I (or some others of us) might be able to talk someone into letting us have a bonfire/cookout on their land... that would give us a chance to have a good time, and in addition... we could have some night-caching.

I'm not sure how many of us have ever night cached, but it adds a whole new dimension to the thing. I know a guy who would probably not mind us going out there, and there's a good enough parcel of land to set up a small handful of one-night caches. Those who don't like to night cache would still be able to have fun chatting with the others by the food and fire, but those of us who might want to try our hands could have a nice evening.

Okay, so it's a slightly oddball suggestion, but hey, we're in Louisiana... We're supposed to be a bit strange, eh? Anyway, let me know if a Friday evening cookout sounds like fun (we could chat and eat before it's dark, of course). I think it might be a really memorable event. If Sunday afternoon sounds better, though, I'm perfectly available for that, as long as it's in Baton Rouge and within the 1-4pm window (stinks to be me, I know).

(I should be able to tell you guys about the Arffers, Markwell, "Hard as PI" (GC-something-or-other), and such by then, I hope. I'm planning on taking "BaconQuest III: Bacon + Cheese = PI" by then... I'm nearing 100 finds.)

Okay, now that some details have followed (I didn't say *I* was going to be giving them, did I? icon_wink.gif), let's see where we stand.

Saturday would lock out two cachers who *could* make it on Sunday... and if it were on a weekday, we may even have Jamie Z (who has paddled through our fair state, IIRC) come down and join us.

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, I have a window of about 1-4pm that I can make, if it's in Baton Rouge. (We're having a band come in and play Sunday night, so there's no possible way that I can get out of Sunday morning or night that weekend. Sometimes it stinks to be the go-to guy.)

I'm not sure whether we could get anything together on a weekday at all... If Friday counts, we could probably get something together for a Friday evening... maybe a Friday evening get together at a non-dusk-closing area. Hmmm... here's a thought: I (or some others of us) might be able to talk someone into letting us have a bonfire/cookout on their land... that would give us a chance to have a good time, and in addition... we could have some night-caching.

I'm not sure how many of us have ever night cached, but it adds a whole new dimension to the thing. I know a guy who would probably not mind us going out there, and there's a good enough parcel of land to set up a small handful of one-night caches. Those who don't like to night cache would still be able to have fun chatting with the others by the food and fire, but those of us who might want to try our hands could have a nice evening.

Okay, so it's a slightly oddball suggestion, but hey, we're in Louisiana... We're supposed to be a bit strange, eh? Anyway, let me know if a Friday evening cookout sounds like fun (we could chat and eat before it's dark, of course). I think it might be a really memorable event. If Sunday afternoon sounds better, though, I'm perfectly available for that, as long as it's in Baton Rouge and within the 1-4pm window (stinks to be me, I know).

(I should be able to tell you guys about the Arffers, Markwell, "Hard as PI" (GC-something-or-other), and such by then, I hope. I'm planning on taking "BaconQuest III: Bacon + Cheese = PI" by then... I'm nearing 100 finds.)

As an avid fan of night caching, id have to say thats its a great idea ClayJar.

This could turn out to be a funtime..

I can only speak for myself, but I could make a Friday Night Get together.

It might be hard for folks with kids though.

I wonder if the folks that couldnt make it during the day on a Sat due to work, could make it for a Sat night?

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

Well here is my schedule....Friday night and Saturday night I work...Sunday thru Thursday I am free to do whatever I wanna do. icon_biggrin.gif

If it happens to be on Sunday...I will be there. icon_smile.gif If ya'll decide to do it on Fri or Sat...I guess I won't be there. icon_frown.gif I hadda miss the last one because I had to work, and I was hating that!

I would really like to be able to go...but if I can't, it's cool.

Kris

=============

If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a watergun and shoot other people in the eyes.

Well here is my schedule....Friday night and Saturday night I work...Sunday thru Thursday I am free to do whatever I wanna do. icon_biggrin.gif

If it happens to be on Sunday...I will be there. icon_smile.gif If ya'll decide to do it on Fri or Sat...I guess I won't be there. icon_frown.gif I hadda miss the last one because I had to work, and I was hating that!

I would really like to be able to go...but if I can't, it's cool.

Kris

=============

If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a watergun and shoot other people in the eyes.

Friday nights are tough for me...

I work on some Fridays, and I always work Saturday...

So... if I were able to make it to a Friday night get-together, I'd have to somehow be home to Memphis by 11:00am Saturday.

Anyway, don't plan anything around me. If I can make it, I'll be there.

Jamie

I've done my share of night caching, and I love it. I think a night Geo-event would be a blast, especially for those of us who wouldn't mind doing some caching and Buck8Point could actually be in on the hunt this time.

I'd be all up for Friday night, as it doesn't appear to bring any scheduling problems on my calendar. Also, Saturday would be ok for me, Sunday hmm, afternoon, sure, why not? My votes for the event would probably fall in that order, but I'd probably be able to make it on any of those days (I think). But, I really like the idea of the nighttime bonfire/cookout on Friday night, maybe it could be a bring-a-dish kind of thing. Anybody feel free to take recipes out of the Cache of the day-cookbook. I'd eat anything out of there. I'll bring copies of the cache cookbook if anybody wants them.

RBDupuy.

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

Just a thought... Why not try for a multi-day event? Something like a Friday or Saturday evening campfire/camping gathering that rolls into the next day? I know a while back there was some interest in group camping somewhere...

Sure everyone couldn't make it *all* of the time, but surely most could make it some of the time?

The only problems I can really see here are where and how.

alex

quote:

It looks like we're going to go with Sunday afternoon for LAGG-2.

afternoon n.

The part of day from noon until sunset.

The latter part: in the afternoon of life.

Can we be a bit more specific? Chances are, that's about the only time I'm not free that weekend and I'll need to ditch this one. That, of course, depends on the definition of afternoon. icon_razz.gif

alex

P.S. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on NOMAN.

quote:

It looks like we're going to go with Sunday afternoon for LAGG-2.

afternoon n.

The part of day from noon until sunset.

The latter part: in the afternoon of life.

Can we be a bit more specific? Chances are, that's about the only time I'm not free that weekend and I'll need to ditch this one. That, of course, depends on the definition of afternoon. icon_razz.gif

alex

P.S. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on NOMAN.