Very hard to find info on Mystery at the Museum

Highlands_Guy

I'm finding it difficult to find info on the new promotion. I've seen the FAQ page previously, but am having a hard time finding a link to it now.

For example, if I'm on a cache page with a clue, there is a box on the right with info about the clue and a link to "Go to Mystery at the Museum".

The page that the link takes you to has very little info and no links to the FAQ page or the main website.

I went to the Geocaching main page and can't find anything there. I went to the blog page, nothing found (I scrolled to the bottom).

I know I'll find it with a Google search, or checking old e-mails, but other more casual cachers may not as persistent. Just a suggestion to GC that they make it easier to find the FAQ page for a major promotion.

(PS: Credit to GCHQ for starting a promotion before a weekend. Previously they started a promotion on a Monday and we use lose the 2 weekend days just before. I expect previously this was related to the Leader board and the fact it resets on Monday)

Edited by Highlands_Guy
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Highlands_Guy said:

I'm finding it difficult to find info on the new promotion. I've seen the FAQ page previously, but am having a hard time finding a link to it now.

For example, if I'm on a cache page with a clue, there is a box on the right with info about the clue and a link to "Go to Mystery at the Museum".

The page that the link takes you to has very little info and no links to the FAQ page or the main website.

I went to the Geocaching main page and can't find anything there. I went to the blog page, nothing found (I scrolled to the bottom).

I know I'll find it with a Google search, or checking old e-mails, but other more casual cachers may not as persistent. Just a suggestion to GC that they make it easier to find the FAQ page for a major promotion.

(PS: Credit to GCHQ for starting a promotion before a weekend. Previously they started a promotion on a Monday and we use lose the 2 weekend days just before. I expect previously this was related to the Leader board and the fact it resets on Monday)

https://mysteryatthemuseum.com

On the Mystery at the Museum page, click on Crack the Case.

Case info and FAQ link on MATM page is also helpful.

Edited by Max and 99
15 minutes ago, Wild-Skye said:

Well if I click on crack the case - 0/2 investigate the scene -- all I get is a local map full of my own caches

Just use the search map to filter for the caches you need. Be sure to exclude your own, and ones you've found (I forgot to do that once).

3 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Just use the search map to filter for the caches you need. Be sure to exclude your own, and ones you've found (I forgot to do that once).

Sorry but not following what you mean.I click on search filters - no relevant filters appear  (ie same filters as walrus appear)---nothing at all relevant to mystery

13 minutes ago, Wild-Skye said:

I click on search filters - no relevant filters appear 

You have to toggle the "Filter by Clue" option which should be visible right above "Only show caches that are part of a GeoTour" and below the list of cache types.

1 hour ago, Wild-Skye said:

Sorry but not following what you mean.I click on search filters - no relevant filters appear  (ie same filters as walrus appear)---nothing at all relevant to mystery

You need to be on the Search Map first. I hit Play, then Search Geocaches Near You.

Mystery Search Page 1.png

Mystery Search Page 2.png

Mystery Search Page 3.png

Mystery Search Page 4.png

Mystery Search Page 5.png

Edited by Max and 99
25 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

You need to be on the Search Map first. I hit Play, then Search Geocaches Near You.

Mystery Search Page 1.png

Mystery Search Page 2.png

Mystery Search Page 3.png

Mystery Search Page 4.png

Mystery Search Page 5.png

So all that, and you are left with 1 cache to fill what is needed for that level of the promotion? Wow, what bad luck for you.

• Helpful 1
On 7/11/2019 at 8:52 AM, Highlands_Guy said:

Not difficult or hard at all.  Read the FAQ instead of typing this dribble.

1 hour ago, Calcows said:

Not difficult or hard at all.  Read the FAQ instead of typing this dribble.

This is unnecessarily hostile.

Personally, even though I read through the FAQ, there were several aspects of the promotion that weren't explained and I couldn't quite get a good picture of how it would work. Some of the information didn't become fully clear until after the promotion started.

Also, if you read through Highlands_Guy's post, you'd see that he was having issues finding his way back to the FAQ again. Answering a question like "where's the FAQ" with a glib "read the FAQ" is nonsensical.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 3
On 7/16/2019 at 12:40 PM, The A-Team said:

This is unnecessarily hostile.

Personally, even though I read through the FAQ, there were several aspects of the promotion that weren't explained and I couldn't quite get a good picture of how it would work. Some of the information didn't become fully clear until after the promotion started.

Also, if you read through Highlands_Guy's post, you'd see that he was having issues finding his way back to the FAQ again. Answering a question like "where's the FAQ" with a glib "read the FAQ" is nonsensical.

Hostile, really?  What telling people to actually do some effort for themselves?  Maybe spend less time posting and more time practicing your geocache skills.  It was not a tough to figure out event.