Mystery at the Museum - no Souvenir on "Attended"

teddy.66

Some of us just logged their attend for the event today, which has the hint for the clue . 

One logged with mobile APP and got the souvenir for the detective.

Others logged via geocaching.com in PC browser and did not get this souvenir.

What is going wrong ?

teddy.66

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, teddy.66 said:

Some of us just logged their attend for the event today, which has the hint for the clue . 

One logged with mobile APP and got the souvenir for the detective.

Others logged via geocaching.com in PC browser and did not get this souvenir.

What is going wrong ?

teddy.66

To answer your question, visit this thread:

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/352305-the-biggest-jewel-heist-in-history/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-5783317

4 minutes ago, teddy.66 said:

I looked at this thread, but I did not find any solution to our problem nor any notification by Groundspeak ?

From brendanjw at HQ, posted on the Jewel Heist forum thread:

(They're trying to fix all the glitches)

Hi everyone,

I've been monitoring this forum thread and wanted to take a moment and confirm that we at HQ are also seeing issues regarding searching for clues as part of The Mystery at the Museum summer campaign.  We are only seeing this behavior on the web.  Until we can correct the issue that is happening on the web, one alternative to continue playing the game is to the mobile experience.

We are looking into it right now and will hopefully have a fix soon.  I'll report back when I have more information to share.  

My sincerest apologies,

Brendan Walsh

brendanjw

Edited 2 hours ago by brendanjw

12 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

From brendanjw at HQ, posted on the Jewel Heist forum thread:

(They're trying to fix all the glitches)

Hi everyone,

I've been monitoring this forum thread and wanted to take a moment and confirm that we at HQ are also seeing issues regarding searching for clues as part of The Mystery at the Museum summer campaign.  We are only seeing this behavior on the web.  Until we can correct the issue that is happening on the web, one alternative to continue playing the game is to the mobile experience.

We are looking into it right now and will hopefully have a fix soon.  I'll report back when I have more information to share.  

My sincerest apologies,

Brendan Walsh

brendanjw

Edited 2 hours ago by brendanjw

thanks,  I didn't see it in the flood of all the other problems.

Hope that they will find a solution soon. Most of us use PC and Browser for logging.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Night-Hawk said:

Do you have to use the "new dashboard" on gc.com to play this game.  I do NOT use the new dashboard and and cannot find anything about it on the classic dashboard.  The screens described in the blog are not to be found.

If you go to "Play", then "Search for caches near me", you can then filter for the clue you need.

Here's the link for more information on the Mystery at the Museum:

https://www.geocaching.com/promos/mysteryatthemuseum?utm_source=MATM&utm_medium=promo&utm_campaign=LIHP

3 hours ago, Night-Hawk said:

Do you have to use the "new dashboard" on gc.com to play this game.  I do NOT use the new dashboard and and cannot find anything about it on the classic dashboard.  The screens described in the blog are not to be found.

You don't need to use the new Dashboard, just bookmark the homepage at https://www.geocaching.com/promos/mysteryatthemuseum or get there from mysteryathemuseum.com.

To find clues though you will need to use the Advanced Search page, or new Search Map, or official geocaching app, to make use of the filters.

Technically, you don't even need that since cache listings show if they have a clue. But it would be quite tedious to ONLY use cache listings to try to complete the souvenir series.

My original problem   <no Souvenir on "Attended" > 
was solved yesterday at about 18:00 MESZ.

So this thread should be closed and no longer used.

I think the ERROR 500 on displaying of the souvenir still exist and should be discussed in a separate thread.

It is very irritating to find other problems as shown in the title. I would not search there.