What swag/swappables do you leave in caches?

I also buy small squirt guns for the summer time, red, white, and blue beaded necklaces for 4th of July, scary critters (spiders, squishy eye balls, roaches, etc) for Halloween, mini gel pens, emoji rubber bracelets, squishy smiley figures, etc. Use them all year round. We replenish our cache containers to keep them well stocked. It's fun and I love the compliments on how well stock they are and cachers saying they have to bring their kids.  

• Upvote 1
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, CAVinoGal said:

I have a collection of wine corks and I will leave one in caches where there is room and that look fairly clean.  They aren't aimed at anyone in particular, just something that says "I was here!"  I also attach a wine cork to travel bugs that I release.

I do too! They are decorative, so pretty, and many creative uses. I cut a slit in one (laying on it's side, not upright) to hold wallet size photo.

Edited to add, also slice off the bottom so it will stand.

Edited by HunterandSamuel
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, cerberus1 said:

I don't see them as a "no-no",   (to me) it's just something (like a bottle cap) that'd normally be thrown away after use.

We've done a few "bottle cap" caches, and when themed like that, we've left bottle caps too.     :)

We made a bottle cap travel bug and invited cachers to add their favorite or original bottle caps. That's our signature skeleton key (to open their bottles, lol).

bottle2.jpg

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, kunarion said:

I'll look for those.  I'm making "Roaring '20s" themed signature items for next year (2020's), and a "skeleton key" would be a neat attachment.  Maybe I can find a whole bunch cheap. :)

Nice!!! I love these ideas. Can I say here where I bought them? Or is that against forum rules? If not, google wedding favor vintage skeleton keys. I bought a bag of 60 for around $21.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, CAVinoGal said:

I rinse them well, but likely the wine aroma lingers - hmmm, I may have to rethink.  

A mix, and the stupid plastic faux corks are actually better at preserving the character of the wine than natural cork, which can vary tremendously in it's ability to seal ans preserve the wine.  I've got a cache (unpublished, as yet - it's a gadget cache that we are having difficulty getting permission to place!) in my local series about natural vs synthetic corks, and even screw tops.  Interesting subject!

But that's all off topic from the OP's post - and colleda brought up a good point about the smell on the natural cork attracting critters.  The synthetic ones would be less likely to absorb the aroma. Hmmm

I purchased bulk 2' by 4' and larger heavy duty Ziploc bags online. They will keep your corks dry and looking good.

I found a stylus in a cache last year. Still use it today on my cell. The mini Bic gel pens seem to be popular so we buy them when on sale, usually back to school sales, also carry them with us to sign logs. In our larger survivor cache we have a new tennis ball but surprisingly it hasn't been taken. People geocache with their geodogs so I thought it would be popular. lol