How to get the final Wherigo coordinates?

Tourer

Hello, I have been busy with geocaching for a while and now wanted to try a Wherigo. Every time I finish my first Wherigo I get an unlock code at the last step. So far everything okay, but with this particular Wherigo you also need to get coordinates at the final, according to another geocacher, to complete the logbook! And I never get to see those coordinates, not even after having walked the same Wherigo three times !? Am I doing something wrong or maybe I'm forgetting something? I use the latest WherYouGo software on a brand new Android smartphone. Can anybody help me please?
36 minutes ago, Tourer said:

Hello, I have been busy with geocaching for a while and now wanted to try a Wherigo. Every time I finish my first Wherigo I get an unlock code at the last step. So far everything okay, but with this particular Wherigo you also need to get coordinates at the final, according to another geocacher, to complete the logbook! And I never get to see those coordinates, not even after having walked the same Wherigo three times !? Am I doing something wrong or maybe I'm forgetting something? I use the latest WherYouGo software on a brand new Android smartphone. Can anybody help me please?

Which cache is it?  Did you make some kind of cache log about the confusion?  Do other logs mention similar problems?

Not all Wherigos provide coordinates.  The one I did most recently displayed a street address.  It worked well on my HTC U11 Android phone.  But it didn't display the address on my Garmin Oregon, and none of the fancy pictures or anything.  Each device may behave in different ways with Wherigo.  Even various software updates per device.  COs seem surprised by that.  B)

Edited by kunarion

All what was said by kunarion is correct.

The final coordinates of a Wherigo (when it is associated with a geocache) can be displayed in a variety of ways. I already met these variants:

- Displayed automatically in a message.

- Displayed as a new zone you can head to.

- Displayed in an object's description (you'll have to "open" it in your inventory).

- Displayed as a final dialog with a character (you'll have to select her/him in your "you see" section and then use an action).

Like kunarion, I think it would be easier to help if the geocache gc-code was known.

Hi Kunarion and Tungstène,

Thanks for the reaction. 

It was when I tried to log that I saw that the previous Cacher mentioned there was also a fysical cache with logboek. 

The Wherigo I’m talking about is GC7FEZA.

Yesterday I tried once more and again it stopped with the unlock code. So far I got no reaction from the CO. (maybe on holliday).

Are you certain that the physical cache at the spot where you were given the unlock code is not the Wherigo physical cache ?

Sorry, I misunderstood your message . You need to find that physical cache at the end  to claim a find on a Wherigo. Sometimes a Wherigo doesn't give you co-ordinates, but the final Wherigo zone is where the cache actually is . Whilst a Wherigo is a virtual sort of multi, it must lead you to a physical cache container.

The unlock code allows you to record the completion of the cartridge on the Wherigo website, it has no bearing on the finding of the geocache, and a lot of people seem to ignore it .

If you reached the unlock code, you got to the end of the Wherigo cartridge, so the only practical suggestion I can make is to try again, but be sure to scroll down the screen to be sure you have not missed any information which may be below the 'phone's ability to  display .If no more information is found, then where you got the unlock code is where to search for the container !

Edited by hal-an-tow
misunderstood OP
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Tourer said:

Hi Kunarion and Tungstène,

Thanks for the reaction. 

It was when I tried to log that I saw that the previous Cacher mentioned there was also a fysical cache with logboek. 

The Wherigo I’m talking about is GC7FEZA.

Yesterday I tried once more and again it stopped with the unlock code. So far I got no reaction from the CO. (maybe on holliday).

I’m thinking like other respondents, that you may find the container where the Wherigo ends.   It doesn’t seem very hard to find, based on all the Smileys vs. DNFs.

But heed that cache size.

@Tourer for this particular Wherigo Cartridge, when you finish the tour, a new zone should appear. Its name is "Final" and, when you come close enough to it a message box should display a congratulation message ending with the geocache coordinates displayed as such: "N 50 XX.XXX E 4 YY.YYY" (XX.XXX and YY.YYY being numbers, of course). Maybe you didn't notice them if your player's screen is too small because the coordinates are at the very end of a very long message (the congratulation message is repeated four times (in dutch, german, english and french); coordinates are only shown at the bottom, after the french translation).

By the way, if you obtained the unlock code object, you DID go to the Final zone.

I'd like to stress on this: every Wherigo cartridges you'll see on "geocaching.com" are a mix between the Wherigo game and the Geocaching game. A Wherigo that is published on geocaching.com MUST include a physical container and a logbook in the experience.

Edited by Tungstène
Typo + added remark about unlock object and final zone being linked (in this Wherigo cartridge)
  • Helpful 1