premium found when looking for traditional .

I am new to geocaching (at the moment doing only traditionals .) .but when being introduced by a friend I know the location of 4 premium caches ,would it be wrong for me to log them while I am only doing traditionals at the moment or would it be ok 

No, not at all wrong - quite OK.  A premium members only cache merely restricts a basic member's ability to see a cache page - not to log that cache.  You can use any one of a number of "backdoor" methods to log your find.  Geocachingadmin.com and Project-GC.com provide handy interfaces.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

As Keystone explained, methods for basic members to log pmo caches have been available for some time.     :)

You have one heck-of-a-lot of PMO caches in your area.   

If your friend isn't going to cache with you regularly, a premium membership may be in order after you knock out all trads.  ;)

BTW, that alternate logging method is good for "advanced" caches as well (multis, puzzles, etc.).

10 hours ago, weirlaw said:

I am new to geocaching (at the moment doing only traditionals .) .but when being introduced by a friend I know the location of 4 premium caches ,would it be wrong for me to log them while I am only doing traditionals at the moment or would it be ok 

Just to clarify--traditional vs. premium is not a dichotomy.  Traditional is one of several types of caches; others are Mystery, Multi, Virtual, Letterbox Hybrid, et al.  The caches you are seeing in the app (without a Premium membership) are considered suitable for beginners and are limited to Traditional caches of the lower difficulty levels.  Other types of caches, as well as the more difficult traditionals, are considered Advanced, and can be seen in the app only with a Premium membership, but are totally available to all players on the website.  

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

As Keystone explained, methods for basic members to log pmo caches have been available for some time.     :)

You have one heck-of-a-lot of PMO caches in your area.   

If your friend isn't going to cache with you regularly, a premium membership may be in order after you knock out all trads.  ;)

BTW, that alternate logging method is good for "advanced" caches as well (multis, puzzles, etc.).

Thanks for the advice .Unfortunately my friend is now in Australia and I am in Scotland (on holiday).

have tried to purchase premium buy payment wont go through for some reason , being looked into