How do I DOWNLOAD caches to my Magellon Explorist 310

ALEX0058

How do I DOWNLOAD caches to my Magellon Explorist 310, I have windows 10 ,updated drivers ,done pocket queries,tried creating list then drop and drag onto my magellon shows it is connected to my pc but they dont show up on my GPS????????Any one else have this problem?Are they trying to force you to buy a Garmin GPS????They need to fix this at one time it worked just fine.alex

Basically it's just a matter of downloading GPX files and copy them to your Magellan file system. I don't know to what folder, I guess you can find that in your owner's manual.

* For single caches you can download a GPX file from the cache page.

* For lists you can create a pocket query.

* For pocket queries you can download, unzip and copy the two resulting GPX files.

I think you are referring to the Communicator plug-in, which is depreciated a couple of years ago. The plug-in was redeemed unsafe and is blocked by most browsers. At one time Groundspeak had to let go of the plug-in. Garmin was kind enough to offer a solution for their own models, but the other manufacturers never did.

• Upvote 1

The way I've always loaded data into my eXplorist has been:

• create a Pocket Query (PQ),
  • run the PQ,
  • download the ZIP file from the PQ to my laptop,
  • connect the eXplorist to my laptop with the USB cable,
  • copy the GPX files from the downloaded ZIP file to the eXplorist filesystem,
  • eject the eXplorist filesystem, and
  • disconnect the USB cable.

I tried I think all of that I took the pocket query and did a send to my Magellan with it connected to my desktop( shows it is connected)but after I did that disconnected Magellan and did a restart nothing changed.Help ,I am ready to sell the thing and just buy a Garmin do all the Garmins work?Alex or can any one send me a more specific instructions.Thanks,Alex

8 minutes ago, Things6 said:

It is frustrating. The old system worked well. It really does seem like Geocaching.com is pushing Garmin over Magellan.

The "old system" was going to be a security issue, with browsers no longer allowing plug-ins.  That's not Geocaching.com's  fault...

IIRC, garmin  helped us out with "send to garmin" as a sort of replacement.    My GPSr's too old for it.

Maybe if magellan had pitched in too, it might have had more long-discontinued handhelds remaining on the list.    :)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3