Log deletion for non respect clues

pchappuis

Hello.

I ask if it s possible to add a field for explain the reason for why we delete a log on our caches (for example, on a virtual, the cacher logged it, but solved no clues and posted no picture).

I deleted the log, but it s not possible to explain why.

Thank you in advance for answer.

• Upvote 6
  • Helpful 2

+1

The suggestion seems familiar.  Anyway, it would be good to have a way to add something to the deletion notice.  Something like the new photo deletion “reason” form has.

I send a couple of messages/emails prior to deleting someone’s log, but that one final info text couldn’t hurt.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 2
41 minutes ago, pchappuis said:

Hello.

I ask if it s possible to add a field for explain the reason for why we delete a log on our caches (for example, on a virtual, the cacher logged it, but solved no clues and posted no picture).

I deleted the log, but it s not possible to explain why.

Thank you in advance for answer.

That is such a great idea!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

When maintenance is done, if we need to delete fakers I'd post a "found a lotta fakers this time, you know who you are, and why your name's no-longer here  ;)" or similar on the cache page.  

Sometimes other finders rat those fakers out in their logs too.   :D    Once the doc says I'm good to play, I have a couple right now...

IIRC, we have to specify a reason to delete a photo.   A pic is only an add-on to that log.  Guess I'd like to see that too.

23 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

When maintenance is done, if we need to delete fakers I'd post a "found a lotta fakers this time, you know who you are, and why your name's no-longer here  ;)" or similar on the cache page.  

I take photographs of the log and if I can't find someone's signature, I send a note to them asking them to please point out their signature, as I might have missed seeing it ?. I did on one occasion not recognise the signature. When pointed out to me, I could see the name if I studied the scrawl hard.

One replied, words similar to, it's a game and they didn't feel the need to be pedantic and bother signing. Deleted. Many don't reply. If they do with other good proof the log stays.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

I find it odd that the site requires cache owners to type out a justification for deleting a photo from a log, but not for deleting an entire log - even when that log contains a photo.  Especially since the deletion of an entire log is more likely to trigger an appeal by the cacher than deleting a photo. 

I crave consistency.  Either I need to justify it as the CO, or I don't.  So it should either be required for both photo and log deletions, or for neither.

Edited by hzoi
  • Upvote 6
  • Helpful 2