HQ 20 Celebration

It's not addressed in the blog post but I hope HQ will also revamp the L&F attribute and make it available for the 10 year community events, so that those of us that weren't caching back then can have a chance to earn that attribute.  Just as it was for cache types, it was a mistake to make a one-time attribute.

3 hours ago, icezebra11 said:

It's not addressed in the blog post but I hope HQ will also revamp the L&F attribute and make it available for the 10 year community events, so that those of us that weren't caching back then can have a chance to earn that attribute.  Just as it was for cache types, it was a mistake to make a one-time attribute.

Disagree.   One of the things special about it is some folks were around then.   What's next, Charter members ?     :)

"Stats"  (measure of a player's performance in a given game) wouldn't mean anything if everyone could "catch up"...   

There were a few people who thought that Locationless caches should be allowed for a brief period too, so those who didn't get that icon, could.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Disagree.   One of the things special about it is some folks were around then.   What's next, Charter members ?     :)

"Stats"  (measure of a player's performance in a given game) wouldn't mean anything if everyone could "catch up"...   

There were a few people who thought that Locationless caches should be allowed for a brief period too, so those who didn't get that icon, could.

I disagree with your disagreement.  You're basically suggesting that this particular attribute was some valuable thing that a few got and others shouldn't get as they weren't around then.  That's playing stats for stats sake.  It's an attribute of a cache and it's a complete waste of space if it was only ever used on a few caches and never used again - a waste of time creating the attribute in the first place and maintaining it with every website/app upgrade.  Might as well expand its use if there is a necessity, and given someone decided it was necessary to have that attrribute in the past then seems like it's necessary now - at least as much as these special icons for these special events.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

I wouldn't mind the opportunity.  But it won't be the end of the world if I can't.

For a while there, I considered myself darn lucky to have found the A.P.E. cache the year before it got trashed, but I'm glad that it was recovered and others have the opportunity to find it.  I don't feel that reactivating it cheapened my experience in any way.

10 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Disagree.   One of the things special about it is some folks were around then.

In a way, I can understand that.  But, I think a Souvenir is more appropriate than a cache attribute for what you describe.  A Souvenir would give those that were caching back then the special memento for having been at one of the events.  No other event types have unique attributes.  Actually, I don't really understand why they needed to create an attribute for Lost and Found events in the first place unless the attribute somehow meant something that was different from the cache type icon.

• Upvote 1