Pocket Query "Master" Map

BoomerBuckeyes

For cachers with multiple pocket queries is it possible to see all of them in a single map layout?  I searched for pocket query map and find numerous topics about individual pocket query maps but nothing about the possibility of showing all pocket queries on one map.  For instance, if I have 50 pocket queries and would like to see which ones lay within a single state, region or country.  It would come in very handy for caches with many pocket queries to be able to see them all on a map to determine if they overlap, or where they may be gaps between.  Especially when planning cross country trips.

Thanks

BoomerBuckeyes

Marty & Laurie

Edited by BoomerBuckeyes

There is currently not a way to do this, for better or worse.

Your best bet is to use GSAK or iCaching to import your PQs and view the sum of the results on one map. filling in gaps with either new PQs or API queries. 

I've been pondering the best way to handle a cross-country trip. 50 PQs is tough since you can't run them all in one day, and unless you plan to bring a computer with you to load and update PQ files, you're running your queries up to a week before you leave on your trip. It's not that big of a deal, but it is nice to have fresh data. 

For such a long trip, you might have your route planned out ahead of time, in which case creating PQs along a route could help alleviate the number of queries that need to be run.

And, of course, bringing a phone along and live caching with an app will ensure you have up-to-date listings wherever you are, so long as you have cell service.  

6 hours ago, BoomerBuckeyes said:

For cachers with multiple pocket queries is it possible to see all of them in a single map layout?  I searched for pocket query map and find numerous topics about individual pocket query maps but nothing about the possibility of showing all pocket queries on one map.  For instance, if I have 50 pocket queries and would like to see which ones lay within a single state, region or country.  It would come in very handy for caches with many pocket queries to be able to see them all on a map to determine if they overlap, or where they may be gaps between.  Especially when planning cross country trips.

Thanks

BoomerBuckeyes

Marty & Laurie

I had never thought about this, but what a great idea!