10 years no improvement of crappy PQ function!!

GassiPods

Hey Groundspeak guys, as premium member, I am hoping and waiting for over 10 years now that you guys finally change your crappy PQ creation function:

1. Sometimes you wait hours until a new PQ appears in the download area

2. Often, we have to optimize until 1000 caches are reached, but only see just much less WP in the PQ

3. No possibility to restart a PQ

4. No "Download" button after creating a PQ

5. When 1000 are exceeded, we still do not know which are skipped? The ones in the middle or just some at the very edge?

Please do something useful with the money you get, ok?

Thanks!

• Funny 1
22 minutes ago, GassiPods said:

Hey Groundspeak guys, as premium member, I am hoping and waiting for over 10 years now that you guys finally change your crappy PQ creation function:

2. Often, we have to optimize until 1000 caches are reached, but only see just much less WP in the PQ

5. When 1000 are exceeded, we still do not know which are skipped? The ones in the middle or just some at the very edge?

Thanks!

Re:

1. I've never seen such long delays

2. Please elaborate.

3. What do you mean by "restart"?

4. Hit the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download (59)" tab. The PQ name IS the download (link) button.

5. That depends on how you set your PQ filters.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

Re 5: I did a short test PQ. I selected  "no location" and country "Norway". The caches are sorted by id (vulgo: Cachecode) (or by placed date which gives a similar result). The newest are skipped. When you chose a location the caches are obviously sorted by distance. That said: the furthest caches are skipped.

Hans

Edited by HHL
typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, GassiPods said:

Thanks!

I must be having very different experiences than you!

• Upvote 4
22 hours ago, HHL said:

Re:

1. I've never seen such long delays

2. Please elaborate.

3. What do you mean by "restart"?

4. Hit the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download (59)" tab. The PQ name IS the download (link) button.

5. That depends on how you set your PQ filters.

HHK, no need to defend such an old fashioned system. No real user freindly GUI. Time is over for retro- minded applications. BTW - try to do a PQ with tje quite expensive Groundspeak app - ha... ha...

To your "answers":

1.) Why not? I have seen it often.

2.) Elaborate: 2 is connected to question 5. I am using PQ since 2005 (!!!) and since a couple of weeks I experience that a ZIP only contains a few WP from a first PQ run. If you run it again, the PQ ZIP does not change anymore.

3.) See last sentence.

4.) Complete Nonsense. Why?:

Run PQ, nothing happens for a non experienced user ( who might not know where to find the ZIP). Instead, he can find a remark at the top of the reloaded page, that he can click to see the results list. No download. Why?

So he clicks on the results list and ooops a "new function" to "Download WP" after Captcha. Do it... and nothing happens.

And now comes HHL and tells us everything is fine and no need to change.

Ha.Ha.