Creating Birdbox Based on Non-Profit

Moka_Dog

First time posting, so I am not sure if I am in the right place.

I would like to create a "bird box" style puzzle cache.  It will be placed on my property on a part that is publicly accessible, so no issues there.  However, the theme is where I have questions on.  I want to theme the cache after the Civil Air Patrol and their contributions to the local community.  Not as a recruiting tool, no information on the current squadron will be included.  Cachers will have to solve three puzzles themed after the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol.  Who do I talk to for approval?

Thanks.

You're concerned about the "agenda" part of the guidelines.  Did you see the Help Center's section on agendas & commercial content ?

- It sorta shows the difference between "just stating a fact" and when you're showing an agenda.   :)

I'd think if you based your puzzles on factual statements, and didn't veer into opinion, you should be fine.

Caches aren't "approved", they're published.   If based on approved, I'd bet a few Reviewers would have cache types that would go bye-bye.  :D

Your area's Reviewer is usually the first log on any cache page. 

Run your idea by them if you're really concerned, but realize they have other things going on too, and may want to see it as a submitted cache. 

Good luck.  Sounds fun.

• Helpful 1
17 hours ago, Moka_Dog said:

I want to theme the cache after the Civil Air Patrol and their contributions to the local community.   Not as a recruiting tool, no information on the current squadron will be included.  Cachers will have to solve three puzzles themed after the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol.

17 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

I'd think if you based your puzzles on factual statements, and didn't veer into opinion, you should be fine.

Agree with the three headed dog on this one.  Also would add to avoid a call to action.  OK to talk factually about CAP; not OK to ask finders to do anything other than find a cache, such as "Take a moment to think about..."

If your reviewer has issues, they will let you know.  Please give them the benefit of a doubt if they ask you to scale back your description, reviewers are responsible for implementing the guidelines, which prohibit any agenda.  I like CAP - I was at Maxwell AFB for three years and am familiar with their mission - but we stay away from agendas here. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Moka_Dog said:

First time posting, so I am not sure if I am in the right place.

I would like to create a "bird box" style puzzle cache.  It will be placed on my property on a part that is publicly accessible, so no issues there.  However, the theme is where I have questions on.  I want to theme the cache after the Civil Air Patrol and their contributions to the local community.  Not as a recruiting tool, no information on the current squadron will be included.  Cachers will have to solve three puzzles themed after the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol.  Who do I talk to for approval?

Thanks.

That sounds like a great cache idea. Will you let us know when it gets published so we can see? Thanks!