No app notifications for new caches?

I was under the impression I could get an app notification if someone posts a new cache around me. I'm not talking about an email, I want a notification to pop up on my phone. I've seen the notifications you can set up on the dashboard...they're terrible. I'd have to create a notification for every single type of cache I want to monitor? Is there no "All cache types" option? Also, no "Current Location" as a spot to monitor? For example, I'm on the way home from work, someone posts a cache near me. I can see the notification, get out of the traffic and snag a FTF! For $30 annually for every premium account, this should be an easily added feature.

Instant notifications are a premium feature on the website.  There is no notification functionality built into the official apps.  You can, however, set it up so that the notifications are forwarded to your smartphone as text messages.

Yes, you do need to set up separate notifications based on cache types and log types.  Tip: if you set up notifications for "Published" logs, also set up notifications for "Retract" logs so that you don't go chasing after a cache that wasn't ready for publication yet.

3 hours ago, Schatz_Jaeger said:

I was under the impression I could get an app notification if someone posts a new cache around me. I'm not talking about an email, I want a notification to pop up on my phone. I've seen the notifications you can set up on the dashboard...they're terrible. I'd have to create a notification for every single type of cache I want to monitor?  At this point, yes.

23 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Instant notifications are a premium feature on the website.  There is no notification functionality built into the official apps.  You can, however, set it up so that the notifications are forwarded to your smartphone as text messages.

I have notifications set up for several cache types within a certain radius of my home coordinates, and I get an email on my smartphone.  The app, as Keystone said, has no notifications built in.  Perhaps a feature request?