geocaching in south dakota page missing?!

Former Hawkeye

No, I believe the OP is referring to the "Geocaching in {USA State Name}" pages, found from the old "hide and seek a cache" page, which were all removed in a recent website update.  These pages were not used very often, because of improvements in other search capabilities that are featured more prominently on the website.  The former "Geocaching in..." pages featured an image of the state's vehicle license plate, a truncated list of the most recent published caches in that state, a truncated list of the most recent trackable item activities in that state, and a listing of upcoming events in that state.

Bummer!  I used that state page feature Every day.

What do I use instead?  Searching by a city is very time consuming and I would like to know about upcoming events?  Example:  August 2/3 weekend I will be traveling to Twin Cities for my high school reunion.  I would like to know if there is an event in the area.  Thank you.

30 minutes ago, Former Hawkeye said:

Bummer!  I used that state page feature Every day.

What do I use instead?  Searching by a city is very time consuming and I would like to know about upcoming events?  Example:  August 2/3 weekend I will be traveling to Twin Cities for my high school reunion.  I would like to know if there is an event in the area.  Thank you.

See what you think of this.  Covers the whole state of South Dakota.  I tried a similar search for my state of Georgia, and all published upcoming Events that I know about are displayed.

Edited by kunarion

This is disappointing.  For the past decade or so, I've started my day by looking at the geocaching state page.  People drop trackables in interesting caches, trackables themselves are interesting.  new caches pop up around the state.  Events are listed that I may have forgotten about. Now HQ says I should just go look for the specific things I'm interested in?  The point of looking at the state page was to see things that I wouldn't think to search for.

I hope HQ will reconsider their decision to drop the state pages.

• Upvote 2