BUG? - Cannot view the area of an archived cache anymore

Fangsoki

I have never been able to see an icon the map when I click "View Larger Map" in an archived cache.  That's fine.  I just wanted to see the area the archived cache was in.

But now all I get is a big "Sorry, we couldn’t find "GCXXXX" and it shows a default map of my home co-ordinates.  Most helpful.

Can we please get the functionality back to be able to see the area where an an archived cache was?  Again - I don't need to see the icon on the map.  I've lived without that for years.

Why do we have to have to lose working functionality for the sake of change?

Edited by Fangsoki
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
18 minutes ago, Fangsoki said:

I have never been able to see an icon the map when I click "View Larger Map" in an archived cache.  That's fine.  I just wanted to see the area the archived cache was in.

But now all I get is a big "Sorry, we couldn’t find "GCXXXX" and it shows a default map of my home co-ordinates.  Most helpful.

Can we please get the functionality back to be able to see the area where an an archived cache was?  Again - I don't need to see the icon on the map.  I've lived without that for years.

Why do we have to have to lose working functionality for the sake of change?

I just tested this out. The archived cache icon DID show on the larger map. BUT it seems that once the icon is tapped it"s gone for good.

4 minutes ago, Fangsoki said:

I get the attached message when I click on "View Larger Map" on the archived cache.

Untitled.jpg

Aha! I figured out that if I look for someone else's archived cache, I get what you describe. If I click on larger map for my own archived cache, I get what I described!

I was on the web page for GC39EDG.  Wanting to better understand what is around the area,  clicked on view larger map.  I got a error message

Sorry, we couldn’t find "GC39EDG"

It was annoying as I really wanted to see a satellite view rather than a topo map.

Also the message suggests that there is a disconnect between the page database and the mapping database.