Congratulations to JetSkier!

Blue Man

JetSkier managed to find Magellan's San Lazaro's Loot cache this afternoon, before the actual coordinates were posted. A horde of us descended upon the Lower Wekiva River State Preserve, hiked miles of trails, and whacked the bushes for many hours. JetSkier outlasted us all through heat and thunderstorms to take the grand prize before the coordinates were posted for the rest of us mortals. Outstanding!

Thanks for the kind words! This was definitely a team effort with Team Orlando (JetSkier, Hammack, Blue Man, SceneryGuy and MadCow). Mrs JetSkier and I met up with the other Team Orlando members early in the afternoon, minus MadCow. MadCow was our internet “buddy” for the day. Once we met up, we found the eagle’s nest, the key ingredient to solving the puzzle. We followed the trail past the nest until it dead ended. We went right while the others went back to the nest to poke around. We ended up back in the front of the park. I was about ready to call it a day, but Mrs JetSkier wouldn’t hear of it! After a while, Hammack went back to work while SceneryGuy and Blue Man made their way to the front entrance. After a brief rain delay, Mrs JetSkier and I went to the back entrance to find the nest again. This time we took a left turn at the end of the trail. We followed that trail until it ended in the woods. At this point we were getting pretty tired. We had been there on and off since 7am and it was nearly 5pm! Mrs. JetSkier sat down on a tree branch that was growing horizontally across part of the trail. As she rested, I poked around the palmetto bushes and low and behold, there it was!

I don’t think I could have done this without the Mrs pushing us to continue. I also couldn’t have done it without the other Team Orlando member’s support. I’m not sure we would have made our way to the back corner of the park, where we found the nest, if they weren’t already there. I wish one of the grand prizes was 5 SporTrak color units so we could all share in this find!