MADD Momma

MADD Momma

Hello IceColdUK. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I don't see the same bar at the top of my page.... I should have mentioned that my phone is a Samsung.  I have gathered that the official app is different on different types of phone?  Anyone out there using a Samsung?  

2 hours ago, MADD Momma said:

Hello IceColdUK. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I don't see the same bar at the top of my page.... I should have mentioned that my phone is a Samsung.  I have gathered that the official app is different on different types of phone?  Anyone out there using a Samsung?   

here how to do it on my computer is this how it looks on yours? all tough I all most all ways use "Browse Geocache"

geomap (2)_LI.jpg

3 hours ago, MADD Momma said:

Filter button on Android looks different:

20190624_211832.thumb.png.7aad65947a60b7f178cf159e73a1d6cd.png

4 hours ago, MADD Momma said:

I have gathered that the official app is different on different types of phone?

Well, the iOS and Android versions of Groundspeak's Geocaching app are a little different from each other, but also, your original post mentioned only "the map", and there are a couple different maps available on the web site as well (and there have been issues with them recently). To paraphrase Aladdin's genie, there's a lot of gray area in "disappeared from  the map".

6 hours ago, MADD Momma said:

While caching, the cache icons disappeared from the map. How do I get the caches back on the map?

I had that happen on Sunday, it just kept telling me in a little bar across the top to change my filters but in the filter settings nothing was filtered out. In the end I logged out then logged back in and it all came good.

barefootjeff, yes it was on Sunday. Very frustrating. I had tried everything, I even powered the down and rebooted my phone, I tried everything mentioned above, including the filter icon and the "search this area" button. Anyway, the map has the caches back up today, so I guess if it happened to others, it may have been an issue with the app. Thank you all for your help. 

Click the icon that says browse geocaches. The map will switch back to the original map format.

The search geocache map stopped showing location icons a few days ago. I use a Motorola phone.

I think the problem is with the map software at the website. Mine does it too now.