cache types

I am doing a project and need to have a description of all the various cache types - I am using the list that everyone sees when they check their statistics - there are therefore 20 icons/cache types that I want to have a short description about 
I am able to do 17 of these as the descriptions can  easily be found on the site - however I am unable to do the same for the following :-

Groundspeak Block party

Groundspeak Lost and Found Celebration

Lost and Found Event cache

can someone give me a description of these cache types in a few lines for each - also an idea as to whether these can still be 'found' and where

Thanks in advance

Just wait for an HQ blog post as these events will be renamed in the near future to:

For those who can’t visit Seattle for the Geocaching HQ Celebration, we’re working on details for community celebration events to mark the 20th anniversary. More information to come!

Geocaching HQ Block Party
Geocaching HQ Celebration

Community Celebration Event

Hans

Edited by HHL
  • Helpful 1

Block Party was an annual event hosted by HQ in Seattle. I no longer recall the years. It ran for several, (3 or 4?) and some new features were rolled out at some of them.

Groundspeak Lost and Found was the 10 Year event hosted by HQ in Seattle.

Lost and Found were other events held that year around the 10 year anniversary that had a Lackey in attendance.

• Helpful 1

The Block Party grew out of the success of the Groundspeak Lost and Found Event on July 4, 2010.  The Block Party followed each year after that, from 2011 to 2015 (the 15th anniversary of geocaching).  They stopped because the event became too popular for its own good, consuming a fair bit of staff resources that were better devoted to maintaining and improving the website, apps, etc.

Deepdiggingmole, if you would like to see an example of a profile with all of the available cache type icons, click on my name.  You can also click through to see cache pages for the event types you're interested in seeing more details about. 

• Helpful 2
3 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Lost and Found were other events held that year around the 10 year anniversary that had a Lackey in attendance.

Lost and Found events did not need to have a Lackey in attendance. They just had to be applied for ahead of time, accepted, and held within some limited time period. I don't remember what else was required of them but I believe the event name had to start with, "10 Years!" or something like that.

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Funny that the Geocaching HQ Celebration (renamed from Lost and Found Celebration) still has the 10 in the icon.  :-)  

I mentioned this in another forum - and the reply was that it is an event to be held every 10 years - I think they have missed a trick not incorporating a 20 as it is the 20th anniversary and in 2020