No Geocache

bbozzell42020

On 6/23/2019 at 1:58 AM, bbozzell42020 said:

My fiance and I decided to go out and try to find a geocache, we went to the location that one was supposedly at and searched for over an hour and much to our disappointment, we found nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how do we know it won't happen again if we decide to look for another one? It was very disappointing.

An update?

202 DNFs and 1802 Finds. I redeemed two DNFs today; one after 4 tries. YAY! It does feel good. 

Listen to the others; 1.5/1.5 or lower, ignore the micros, watch videos, look at photos, read carefully, search for Traditionals. I looked for a ? without knowing I had to solve something first. 

1 hour ago, LizzyRN said:

202 DNFs and 1802 Finds. I redeemed two DNFs today; one after 4 tries. YAY! It does feel good. 

Redeeming a previous DNF  DOES feel good!  So does finding a cache that others (more experienced, lots of finds) have logged a DNF, sometimes a few times, and we are able to come up with it on the first go round!

I still have a few caches that I logged a DNF, and others have since found it - so I go back, and still can't find it.  It's no fun being on the DNF end of a cache! But it's a reality when yo ugo geocaching - sometimes you just can't find it!  Log the DNF, and move on.  There are lots of them out there you CAN find!

5 minutes ago, Wet_Ground said:

just curious how do you keep track of all you DNFs it does not tell how many DNFs I have.

Go to your Profile Page  Dashboard.   Look to the center part of the page and under Your Logs (for last 30 days), click Geocaches.  That opens a page of all geocache logs you have submitted. Then in the top portion, click on Did Not Find. The list will now be only your DNF, with a total count on the page.

• Helpful 1
17 minutes ago, K13 said:

Go to your Profile Page  Dashboard.   Look to the center part of the page and under Your Logs (for last 30 days), click Geocaches.  That opens a page of all geocache logs you have submitted. Then in the top portion, click on Did Not Find. The list will now be only your DNF, with a total count on the page. 

sorry answered my own question right after I posted the comment