Montana 650 - how to enable ext memory card instead of internal?

My internal waypoint memory allways gets full, when I'm on a caching tour!! And I don't know if it's possible to disable the internal data and only use the external card (I have copied all content from the internal to the external memory card). Anybody who knows about that?

4 hours ago, milamamo said:

My internal waypoint memory allways gets full, when I'm on a caching tour!! And I don't know if it's possible to disable the internal data and only use the external card (I have copied all content from the internal to the external memory card). Anybody who knows about that?

How are you loading the waypoints?  If you're Geocaching, you could load 12,000 Geocaches on a Montana 650, where you can only load 4000 waypoints.  Are you saving/deleting unused waypoints?

If you carefully manage the waypoints you create, then a large memory card (whether inside the Montana or not) can store files for later use. But a bigger memory card won't change the number of waypoints that your GPS can access. 

Edited by kunarion
2 hours ago, milamamo said:

I use GSAK to im- and export caches incl wp's. I can clear the memory and import new gpx's - but I don't know how to save to the ext card??

Make a folder on that card called "Garmin".  Inside /Garmin, make a "GPX" folder.  So it will be "/Garmin/GPX", just like the internal memory. 

Important:  Loading a memory card, will not increase the number of caches or waypoints that your device can manage.

You can delete everything from the /Garmin/GPX internal memory.  The GPS will still save new waypoints there, and it will still read any that exist either on internal memory or SD card.

Edited by kunarion
1 hour ago, kunarion said:

Make a folder on that card called "Garmin".  Inside /Garmin, make a "GPX" folder.  So it will be "/Garmin/GPX", just like the internal memory. 

Important:  Loading a memory card, will not increase the number of caches or waypoints that your device can manage.

You can delete everything from the /Garmin/GPX internal memory.  The GPS will still save new waypoints there, and it will still read any that exist either on internal memory or SD card.

Is it possible to add a GPX folder to an SD card that has a downloaded map on it?