Sample PHP code for OAuth token retrieval

I've been using the API for several years but have drifted away from some of the work for awhile and was unaware that a "new" API was implemented. As a result, none of my API apps work anymore.

I had an "oauth" PHP script that I used to use to generate a token that I could then use in my apps when calling the GC API. That script stills generates Oauth tokens but when I try to use those tokens all I get is "not authorized". I'm guessing that either the tokens aren't valid because it's using the old API, or my app is using the tokens I have wrong because it's accessing the old API.

Can someone take a look at this code and give me any insight as to what needs to change for me to get codes using the new API, or if I can still use this.  Here's the PHP I was using to generate an OAuth token:

<?php

include_once "OAuth.php";

$key = 'MyKey'; //prod

$secret = 'MyKey'; //prod

$geoauth = 'https://www.geocaching.com/OAuth/mobileoauth.ashx'; // prod

$sig_method = new OAuthSignatureMethod_HMAC_SHA1();
$auth_consumer = new OAuthConsumer($key, $secret, NULL);

$oauth_token = $_GET['oauth_token'];

if (empty($oauth_token)) {
  $params = array();
  $params['oauth_callback'] = 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
  $req = OAuthRequest::from_consumer_and_token($auth_consumer, NULL, "GET", $geoauth, $params);
  $req->sign_request($sig_method, $auth_consumer, NULL);

$ch = curl_init($req->to_url());

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
  $output = curl_exec($ch);
  curl_close($ch);

parse_str($output);

if (empty($oauth_token) || empty($oauth_token_secret)) {
    echo 'Could not get an auth token<br>';
    echo 'Error returned:'.$output;
    die();
  }

setcookie('auth', $oauth_token_secret, 0);

header('Location: ' . $geoauth . "?oauth_token=" . urlencode($oauth_token));
} else {
  $auth_token = new OAuthConsumer($key, $_COOKIE["auth"], NULL);
  $params = array();
  $params['oauth_verifier'] = $_GET['oauth_verifier'];
  $params['oauth_token'] = $oauth_token;
  $req = OAuthRequest::from_consumer_and_token($auth_consumer, $auth_token, "GET", $geoauth, $params);
  $req->sign_request($sig_method, $auth_consumer, $auth_token);

$ch = curl_init($req->to_url());
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
  $output = curl_exec($ch);
  curl_close($ch);

parse_str($output);

if (empty($oauth_token)) {
    echo 'Could not get a auth access token';
    die();
  }

echo 'The auth access token is ' . $oauth_token;
}

?>

1 hour ago, Zor said:

I'm guessing that either the tokens aren't valid because it's using the old API

Probably this as all apps using the old API no longer work. There's been a loooong period of time for API devs to prep for a complete move to the new API. I'd say, get your updated for the new API and get it working, rather than spending time trying to make your old api access work ;)

Wow, this is new info for me as well! I have been busy with other stuff and have completely missed all about the new API!  I apparently have to update my CacheMaid app and have to start with oauth2!! Is it the same key and secret for oauth2 as I have used for oauth1?

19 hours ago, onspot said:

Wow, this is new info for me as well! I have been busy with other stuff and have completely missed all about the new API!  I apparently have to update my CacheMaid app and have to start with oauth2!! Is it the same key and secret for oauth2 as I have used for oauth1?

Geocaching HQ has been sending out regular correspondence about this to their API partners for over a year. It shouldn't be a surprise. I guess you are no longer on their list or perhaps your email doesn't match what they  have. If you want to keep CacheMaid going, I suggest contacting them directly.

On 6/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Corfman Clan said:

Geocaching HQ has been sending out regular correspondence about this to their API partners for over a year. It shouldn't be a surprise. I guess you are no longer on their list or perhaps your email doesn't match what they  have. If you want to keep CacheMaid going, I suggest contacting them directly.

My bad, I have to many mail accounts to check ☹️ but now I'm looking at converting the app.