Pub Crawlers Get Hi-Tech Support

DeO

Pub Crawlers Get Hi-Tech Support

I WANT ONE!!!

LONDON (Reuters) - You'd like a drink, but don't know where to turn?   A pair of beer-loving entrepreneurs have just the solution -- a computer that straps onto the wrist and directs the wearer to the nearest pub, Britain's Sun newspaper reported. The hi-tech device uses satellite-positioning systems to determine the wearer's location, then prints the addresses of the four nearest pubs on a screen, the paper said Friday. The contraption, called eSleeve, also recognizes the wearer's voice and can even help drunken revelers find their way home, according to Bristol University inventors Cliff Randell and Henk Muller. Randell was quoted as saying: "It works perfectly, but might have trouble recognizing your voice after one too many pints."   

I don't get it, why would you need your house and the bars around it to be in the GPS, don't you already know where they are?

I must be missing something, I guess the watch thing would be good for an alcoholic tourist, other than that I don't see the purpose,now I am engaged and if they came up with a watch that showed where all the restrooms were, I would be the first on the list to buy that for her because we can't go anywhere without having to hunt one of those down.

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif