Best GPS on Android phone??

I currently have a Samsung S7 but I find that the GPS doesn't work that well and it often throws me around a cache, just when I think I have found it!  Does anyone have any suggestions for the best Android phone to use for Geocaching??  I am not a completely avid cacher but enjoy doing it so would like to stick with a phone instead of a separate unit.

I used a Galaxy s5 until it got in a gravity storm, and currently an older LG of some type.

I set my phone's Location Service to use GPS only. This makes a huge difference in areas where I am on the edge of a cell tower's coverage.

Try doing this before you spend the $ on a new phone that may perform no differently.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
4 hours ago, michellels85 said:

I currently have a Samsung S7 but I find that the GPS doesn't work that well and it often throws me around a cache, just when I think I have found it!  Does anyone have any suggestions for the best Android phone to use for Geocaching??  I am not a completely avid cacher but enjoy doing it so would like to stick with a phone instead of a separate unit.

I'd say K13 might be on the money.     :)

IIRC, from settings , it's privacy and safety, for location.   Hit location, and select gps , w/ wi-fi and mobile .

But "throwing you around " on 2 or less D/T caches kinda tells me maybe you're asking for more accuracy than civilian gps will give you. 

When we're still walking, at around 6 meters my GPSr and the other 2/3rd's phone are already put away.  

A new 1200 dollar phone isn't gonna get you much closer.     ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1