Caches not showing on GPSMAP64

RogFel

I have a GPSMAP62 and it will show caches over a thousand miles away. On my new 64, it seems like they have to be within 100 miles or so of where I am. I have both machines set up the same (I think).  I know I can have it search from a map point closer to the caches and they show up, but we are county hunters and there are times when we are over 500 miles away from where we are heading next. 

Is there anyway to get the 64 to act like the 62?  On the 62 if I put in caches that are in Japan and there aren't any closer caches, they show up on the list. 

Thanks,

RogFel

3 minutes ago, RogFel said:

I have a GPSMAP62 and it will show caches over a thousand miles away. On my new 64, it seems like they have to be within 100 miles or so of where I am. I have both machines set up the same (I think).  I know I can have it search from a map point closer to the caches and they show up, but we are county hunters and there are times when we are over 500 miles away from where we are heading next. 

Is there anyway to get the 64 to act like the 62?  On the 62 if I put in caches that are in Japan and there aren't any closer caches, they show up on the list. 

It's a feature of newish Garmins.  I guess it's partly because these can now hold millions of waypoints (Geocaches and all their text), and that could bog down the device with no way to change the setting until it was done showing you all the caches.  Something like that.