Message Centre

Iscadoodle

Message Centre  has been working fine until a couple of days ago, Old conversations are there and I can converse with geo chums that I have contacted before, however any new conversations are not showing up on the left hand side preview pane. I have tried making contact via main menu & via profile or by clicking on "message this owner" with no joy. I'm using Mac OS & Safari loaded with all updated versions. Could this be a bug if so is there a link to technical support.

7 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

I'm not sure when it happened - but my scrollbar is gone as well.  Hmmmm...

ETA: The app works fine.  It's on the website that I can't see all the conversations.

Come back, scroll bar.

I guess for now I just have to type in the geocacher's name to continue messaging them.

Temporary workaround, works on Firefox 67.0.4 until you reload the page from server: show context menu on "New Message" => "Inspect element", select the '<div id="cpConvoPanel">' element in the inspector html code (few lines up from currently selected), edit "element" style (should be in panel on the right) and add "overflow-y: auto".

But it is a bug definitely.

Edited by rapotek

I'll throw my hat in the ring here as well. Just today I noticed the left side scroll bar in messaging does not scroll. I can type in a name for a "new message" and it pulls up the person I've contacted before but I definitely can't scroll to look for them.. I guess it's still workable but much more of a pain.. I'm using Windows 10 OS and Chrome browser.

Hey Groundspeak? You listening?

Edited by trekkerdmc
  • Upvote 1

Looks like I have some related issues.

I've lost the scrollbar recently, I'm somewhat sure it was there about a month ago but that may be incorrect. In addition, my messages seem to be vanishing and reappearing. The below all occurred on Win7/Chrome (latest versions thereof).

On May 5 I sent a message through Message Centre to a user I hadn't previously contacted. On May 11 I went to MC and realised that my previous message wasn't in the list. I'd met them in person and also knew them to be prompt loggers so I thought maybe it hadn't actually left my browser. I went to send them another message and the original one reappeared. Just in case, I copied it into the new one and sent it. On May 16 they replied having not received the first message.

On June 4, a user I'd previously conversed with through MC sent me a message. It appeared immediately but I didn't get to reply until June 25, attaching a photo. I knew them to be a quick responder and remembered the previous occurrence, so on June 28 I went to MC to check. My reply wasn't there. I went to send a follow-up but the original reply didn't reappear until I clicked send. The photo wasn't there and still isn't. On June 29 they responded that they didn't get my original reply.

On June 23 I sent the CO and last finder of a cache I've been struggling with a message each. I don't know anything about them but on June 30 have not received replies. I've sent them follow-ups to see what happens.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

Good reason to ignore the Message Center!

Good reason to fix and improve it. You have a right not to use Message Center, but I prefer it more than emails, it helps me f.ex. keeping all conversations in one place, separated from email used for other purposes too.

• Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

Temporary slowdown?  It seems to be working normally for me, no slowness or laggy behavior that I can tell.

It's worse now. It gets "stuck" on a section for several minutes before it finally lets me scroll further back to previous messages.

MacBook Pro

macOS Mojave: v10.14.5

Safari: v12.11

I tried to reply to a message from a Geocacher about one of my caches. I was unable to send the reply message using my computer and the website geocaching.com. Nothing I tried allowed me to send a message.

Messaging did seem to work from my iPhone.

Best regards,

~Inside Edge

26 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

MacBook Pro

macOS Mojave: v10.14.5

Safari: v12.11

I tried to reply to a message from a Geocacher about one of my caches. I was unable to send the reply message using my computer and the website geocaching.com. Nothing I tried allowed me to send a message.

Messaging did seem to work from my iPhone.

Best regards,

~Inside Edge

That also happened to me this morning. I could NOT get a message sent from my Android app.