find cache by date placed

niksagkram

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

When I search for caches in my state I can click the Placed By header and they will be sorted. I cannot guarantee this method but it does appear to work when I searched.

Yep, in the Search results, click on the Placed On heading and it will sort from most recent down. Click on it again and it'll go the other way, showing the oldest first. Make sure you deselect Events in your search filters, though, as they use the Placed On date as the event date so they'll all be at the top of the list (with future dates) when sorting from most recent down.

image.png.a7266e611bc63ae4c849f008c599850a.png

On 6/16/2019 at 1:39 AM, barefootjeff said:

Yep, in the Search results, click on the Placed On heading and it will sort from most recent down. Click on it again and it'll go the other way, showing the oldest first. Make sure you deselect Events in your search filters, though, as they use the Placed On date as the event date so they'll all be at the top of the list (with future dates) when sorting from most recent down.

image.png.a7266e611bc63ae4c849f008c599850a.png

Ok, so I actually tried doing this but could not get any results. In the search box, I typed in Michigan (where I live) and a list of 34071 caches come up, with the closest to me being first. I tried clicking on the "Placed On" header but the list doesn't change at all. Clicking on other headers gives me the same result, with the exception of Distance where there is an arrow. I know there used to be a way to search by state and show placed on dates but that search function doesn't seem to be on GC any more. 

Edited by JeepGPS