Garmin OSM and Birdseye Layering

Pole04

This may be a bit of a noobie question, but I have downloaded several Birdseye areas for my location, and I have the OSM map for the state.   In BaseCamp I can see the OSM streets on top of the Birdseye images.

Is there a way to get it to display in the same way on my Oregon 700?  I can't seem to find any settings for draw order or layering.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Pole04 said:

This may be a bit of a noobie question, but I have downloaded several Birdseye areas for my location, and I have the OSM map for the state.   In BaseCamp I can see the OSM streets on top of the Birdseye images.

Is there a way to get it to display in the same way on my Oregon 700?  I can't seem to find any settings for draw order or layering.

Thanks!

Enable both the OSM map and BirdsEye maps on the Oregon 7x0 in Setup > Map > Configure Maps 

The specific workflow is illustrated at GPSrChive > Oregon 7x0 > Maps > Garmin BirdsEye Maps > Garmin BirdsEye Tutorial

Edited by Atlas Cached

I had downloaded the OSM files and then used the OSM Combiner on them.  It appears that the combine failed.  When I enable the combined map, even with Birdseye off, nothing is showing.  Thanks for the point in the right direction.  I think I will just send the original OSM maps to my garmin.  I doubt I will need that many at a time, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

2 hours ago, Pole04 said:

I had downloaded the OSM files and then used the OSM Combiner on them.  It appears that the combine failed.  When I enable the combined map, even with Birdseye off, nothing is showing.  Thanks for the point in the right direction.  I think I will just send the original OSM maps to my garmin.  I doubt I will need that many at a time, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

Not sure what you combined, but you should load your OSM and BirdsEye maps separately, as they do not even reside in the same directory.

Finally got it working.  Installing the .exe files into basecamp and then transferring them to the GPSr using basecamp was not working at all.  I instead downloaded the .img and copied them to the device manually.  I am finally seeing the roads and the Birdseye imagery with no issues.  Thanks for the help!