Showing deactived founds

PFALZB0CK

Hi there,

I love to see the smileys of my founds on the map. But if the caches get archived, the smileys disappear from the map.
It would be great if there would be a feature where I can see all of my founds, no matter if they are activated or archived.

Looking forward to these feature!

Happy hunting :)

Edited by PFALZB0CK

I wouldn't expect this on the geocaching map, and I'm not even sure it would be a good idea. It won't be very useful in an area with a fair amount of geocaching turnover over the years. It'd be almost impossible for me to see any new caches if I had such a feature on showing me all my finds, archived or not.

But if you just want to see where they were, outside the map of current caches, you can do the special "My Finds" pocket query, then load the results into google earth to see them all on a map.

• Upvote 3

You used to be able to do this using the search function and filters.  Following the steps below will still give you some results on the new search map, but it appears limited to the first 500 that match your filters.  So you might need to add more filters to get results.

Go to the search page.  Click the "Filters" button.  A box should pop up.

At the right side, in the section labeled "CACHE STATUS," check the box that says "Found" and then click the green "Search" button.

This should produce a list of all of your finds, regardless of status.  You can view up to 500 of these on the map.

(edit, hey look, 5,000 posts)

Edited by hzoi
8 hours ago, bliss-chris said:

Thanks, Blue Square Thing. Project GC is pretty helpful for this. Is it also possible to set a filter for all geocaches I've found regardless of the country? Otherwise it's limited to one country.

Yes,  just leave the country drop down blank!

There's a limit of 10,000 caches iirc - so make sure that you don't tick "not found".

14 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Yes,  just leave the country drop down blank!

There's a limit of 10,000 caches iirc - so make sure that you don't tick "not found".

Great, perfect! I didn't see that it it was possible to leave the country dropdown blank. 

Back to the main topic: so, with other tools (Project GC as well as GSAK, which I haven't used yet) it is possible to get a map with all your finds including the archived caches. All in all this isn't easy and intuitive.I also find this an important feature and I agree with PFALZBOCK that I'd like to see my finds of archived caches in geocaching.com, too. Call me sentimental but sometimes I use geocaching e.g. to remember where I've been on vacations.

21 hours ago, bliss-chris said:

Hi hzoi, thanks for pointing out. But if you then go to "Map these geocaches", then you don't get to see the archived caches on the map, they won't be shown.

Yes, I see that now - I saw some disabled and thought the archived caches were also included.  They are not.  This used to work on the map, but it appears not to work with the search map.

So: never mind!

On 6/10/2019 at 6:56 PM, dprovan said:

I wouldn't expect this on the geocaching map, and I'm not even sure it would be a good idea. It won't be very useful in an area with a fair amount of geocaching turnover over the years. It'd be almost impossible for me to see any new caches if I had such a feature on showing me all my finds, archived or not.

But if you just want to see where they were, outside the map of current caches, you can do the special "My Finds" pocket query, then load the results into google earth to see them all on a map.

Thank's for your answers. I just would like to see the archieved founds like all the other founds on geocaching.com . If I am searching for new caches I disable my founds anyway... an other possibilty would be to have an extra button to show the archived founds