Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gof1949

search function

I try to search for a topic on the forums using the search function but it doesn't work!  When I click on the search icon nothing happens.  Tried hitting enter too and that doesn't do anything either.  Any ideas?

I started from the general area, and simply typed in "function".  Worked as normal.

Are you using words less than 3 characters ?  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gof1949 said:

I try to search for a topic on the forums using the search function but it doesn't work!  When I click on the search icon nothing happens.  Tried hitting enter too and that doesn't do anything either.  Any ideas?

Google.com can search nicely, depending on how well you craft the query.  You just have to decide how the Topic question may have been asked.

Use a Google Search formatted like this, which is "site:forums.geocaching.com" followed by the query text even without quotation marks like "many caches in one day".  Using that query, the result at the bottom of the Google Search page produces one of the many Threads about "how could anyone find more than X caches per day?", with lots of possibilities answered.

Edited by kunarion

4 minutes ago, gof1949 said:

Okay thanks I'll try that!

Cool!  There is (or was) a minimum word size limit in the Forum Search.  Google doesn't have that limit.