Who's in the Triangle (NC)?

Guest kpw

Just having a blast caching in the Triangle and was curious who else is out there...

Info:

Kevin Webb

Wake Forest, NC (Though I'll be at UNC-CH in the fall, Env. Sci. & City Planning)

I'm using an eTrex, and got hooked on this this kind of stuf while letterboxing in Dartmoor last fall (nothing beats Dartmoor!). I love finding excuses to get out and explore...

What's your story?

kpw

Guest Snowtrail

Not exactly in the Triangle area, but I'm planning on searching there soon.

Charlotte has a few active cachers here. I have an e-Trex too, and have been geocaching since the beginning of April.

What do you plan on doing after college?

quote:
Originally posted by Snowtrail:

Not exactly in the Triangle area, but I'm planning on searching there soon.

Great! Hope you'll hit a few of my caches while you're in town...(they're the KBP series)

quote:
What do you plan on doing after college?

good question...I'm really interested in community development, particularly as it relates to creating more effective and environmentally sensitive urban/suburban living spaces. But there's not a lot of real opportunities in that space (yet!), so it's still uncertain what the future holds... Any suggestions? I see you're with the Sierra Club in Charlotte...Cool! What's your line of work?

kpw

kpw@jump9.com

[This message has been edited by kpw (edited 10 May 2001).]

Guest Snowtrail

I test online banking software for a small company. I do the Sierra Club's local website, I'm outings leader (backpacking trips) and chair, and on the executive committee.

The chair of our club locally is an urban planner. We also have a group called Voices and Choices who is putting on a program about growth for around 1,000 in November.

It's a good field to be in. Our transit authority is working on getting specific zoning along the transit corridors they are building/buying. They realize that it won't work well if they don't.

It's kind of a stretch to make my interests in computers match my love for the outdoors. I usually end up thinking about my next trip, cache hunt, etc all day at work, and then think about work when I'm on the trail.

Guest JoeyBob

I'm in the Raleigh area, and have yet another of those eTrex units. I work at WakeMed in the ICU area as a RN. Saw the link on WRAL's weblinks section, and away we went.

Guest buddhavista

Hey, I am from the triangle. I heard about geocaching on slashdot.org and since I have a e-trex... Its a blast!

There is definatly a little community of geocachers in the area. They have placed and been around to all the local caches. We should try to organize a meeting... at some lat-lon pair (of course!).