Dakota 10 GPS

vogelly

Hi y'all, I have a friend who uses a Dakota 10 handheld and recently it stopped loading on his computer. He suspects it is no longer supported my geocaching.com. Does anyone know if this is true or have a clue as what might be going on? Thanks in advance for any help/advise you can give............................mike 

2 hours ago, vogelly said:

Hi y'all, I have a friend who uses a Dakota 10 handheld and recently it stopped loading on his computer. He suspects it is no longer supported my geocaching.com. Does anyone know if this is true or have a clue as what might be going on?

You didn't say what method your friend used, and what is "recently".   Are they basic, or premium members ?

Things change here it seems without much warning.  :)

If they were using "send to gps",  that hasn't been available since last August. It was a browser security issue, and had nothing to do with geocaching.com.

If that's it, recently I had a full heada hair.    :D

It's been sorta replaced by another method to load caches.    

• Helpful 1

Units don't become unsupported by Geocaching com.   You can use a 20 year old unit on this site.   What happens is that certain methods of directly loading caches to your GPS may change or become unsupported.  For example some of the old "plug-ins" no longer work for sending caches to his GPS.   It is not the GPS, it's the method he is using.

• Helpful 2