Garmin 64st giving me fits!

I have a couple questions; first, what map is best for geocaching? I’ve got the topo loaded (disabled the others) and when I try to navigate to a cache it says, “route calculation error. Maps do not have routable roads in this area” (I’m in the car in a parking lot). Second, I can not get *most/all* caches to load. And no, there are no filters loaded. For example, i’m Sitting 50 yards from my latest find (using my smart phone) and this cache is nowhere on the cache list on my garmin. This not a brand new cache either. Is there a way for it to update caches?

thanks!

20 minutes ago, GaSnowLady said:

I used to have a garmin Montana years ago and I have a marine gps I use but this is so user unfriendly! Thanks I will look at the link.

Actually, the Garmin 60 series (60, 62, 64, 66) are generally considered some of the most user-friendly and most coveted handheld GPSr of all time!

The GPSMAP 64 certainly is not a Montana, and many features function slightly differently simply because you have to use buttons instead of just touching the screen, which is what is most users find more intuitive in todays world of smart phones and tablet devices. 

You will have to manually load geocache data to the GPSMAP 64 to 'refresh' it. Pocket Queries are the quickest and simplest way of doing this for Premium Groundspeak Members, which you appear to be!