New Feature rating logs?

pingurus

36 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

People spend the time reading past logs? I prefer to cache. I only ever read past caches if I am looking for an extra clue.

Many times I failed to find anything until I read latest logs or most informative and meaningful ones. And too often by reading logs I realized there was nothing to find.

As I recall, this log rating experiment would be allpied to caches in Norway and Canada only.

When I open any random Canadian cache page, I see the dropdown option to order the logs.

Thats how I learned that some TFTC-only logs are 'Helpful' ?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, K13 said:

Thankfully no one here would be that 'helpful' and we can at least attempt to discourage misuse of features like this merely because someone might not like them. And there will always be griefers like that.

3 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

People spend the time reading past logs? I prefer to cache. I only ever read past caches if I am looking for an extra clue.

There are times when I really enjoy reading past logs - not just on my own caches either. It depends. Some of the best(*) caches encourage, by their nature encourage really interesting logs. This one, for example: https://coord.info/GCV89Y

Different people enjoy different things about this game. That's one of the most interesting things about it for me.

(*) obviously best is subjective and personal to me. I'll choose a cache like the one above or https://coord.info/GCYTN2 any day of the week.

11 hours ago, niraD said:

FWIW, I see the "Order by" dropdown when I go to https://coord.info/GC2CXV1. I'm in California, so they aren't basing it on who has home coordinates in Canada or Norway.

Same here, and I agree that it has to do with whether or not you are premium.  Can you rate the caches if you are not a PM?  You can obviously see the options for rating, but you can't sort the logs, and I wonder if the options are actually clickable for basic members.

Edited by CAVinoGal
On 7/6/2019 at 2:24 AM, K13 said:

As I recall, this log rating experiment would be allpied to caches in Norway and Canada only.

When I open any random Canadian cache page, I see the dropdown option to order the logs.

And New Zealand (at least in Cachly) ?

Edited by barefootguru