revisiting a cache to get a travelbug

5 minutes ago, gof1949 said:

Is it okay to go back to a cache you all ready found to get a travelbug from it?

Yep, log your visit on the cache page as a Write Note, saying that you're taking the TB, then do a Retrieved From log on the TB.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 2
Just now, TheLimeCat said:

I suppose it depends on the purpose. If your only goal is to increase your number of trackable logs, then no, though I'm assuming you wouldn't want to revisit a cache unless you had some specific goal in mind for the trackable. Short answer: you should be fine.

Well I'm new to this and I just like moving a trackable to another location.

1 minute ago, gof1949 said:

Well I'm new to this and I just like moving a trackable to another location.

Honestly, I don't think you'll run into any opposition. Most people are glad to see their trackables travel and I guess I don't see the harm in returning once to pick up a forgotten trackable. The only way that I could see this being a problem is if you were routinely returning to the same couple caches to nab trackables. 

53 minutes ago, gof1949 said:

Is it okay to go back to a cache you all ready found to get a travelbug from it?

Sure.    Here, if you're not being a pig about it (not allowing others to play too...) all TOs we know want to see their trackables move .

When you Retrieve it, we like to see a mention that you visited the cache  with a Write Note too.   :)

Edited by cerberus1
to be, or not...
10 hours ago, gof1949 said:

Of course it is, doesn't matter what your motivation is, as long as you log your visit as a note on the cache so the cache owner gets a little feedback, and, most importantly, correctly  log picking up the TB and then move it on and log the drop properly .

I've revisited found caches several times to retrieve (or look at) TBs which landed in them and had information vital to puzzles, gone back to caches I knew from experience were big enough to physically hold particularly large TBs to drop them, and there is one very well maintained 'TB hotel' in a picturesque, non-drive-by spot which I've visited perhaps 4 or 5 times since my initial find to drop off TBs and , if there is anything in there which takes my fancy, pick one up.

One observation though : If a cacher makes a habit of pouncing on, and sweeping up every trackable in their area, especially  if they then hoard them without much sign of moving them on, it does not endear them to other cachers  or the trackable owners.

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, hal-an-tow said:

I've revisited found caches several times to retrieve (or look at) TBs which landed in them and had information vital to puzzles, gone back to caches I knew from experience were big enough to physically hold particularly large TBs to drop them, and there is one very well maintained 'TB hotel' in a picturesque, non-drive-by spot which I've visited perhaps 4 or 5 times since my initial find to drop off TBs and , if there is anything in there which takes my fancy, pick one up.

Same here - there are a couple of larger containers nearby (two of them are my own hides) that I use to drop TB's I've picked up elsewhere, and sometimes to pick up one or two that someone has left.  I enjoy the TB side game, and we do a bit of traveling from time to time; I'll try to gather a few to take along on our road trips to swap put with others and bring home some to drop in our local TB spots.

So yes, it's perfectly fine to revisit a found cache to exchange TB's - just be sure to properly log the TB activity, and a Write note on the cache page is always a nice touch to let others know you've made a visit to the cache.

1 hour ago, Goldenwattle said:

I wish people would come and take some of the TBs in my TB Hotel cache. Almost none of the visitors take one with them, and I have a bag of TBs to replace them, gathered up at the end of a MEGA off the table.

You need Ma & Pa to visit (where are you? hope you are well) They were great for moving trackables along. Real jailbreakers.

I have returned to caches to drop off TB's. I just write a note saying "TB drop." I've seen that others have done the same thing.

I would imagine it's okay to pick one up instead. You could write in your note "TB retrieval" (if picking one up) or "TB exchange" (if dropping one off and picking up another).