Pinged! By CHS

Just got my first CHS email today. Hmmm. Do I feel offended, put out, angry, no just curious. So I checked the cache page and it appears to have had a run of DNF's since I last last checked on it. Somehow these DNFs have slipped past me, most likely because this one gets its share so no alarm bells sounded. It's on a sandy slope with tree cover and can be tricky. I was out checking some others for this series yesterday because I'm now able to pedal my bike. (Eight weeks ago, on a motorcycle tour of New Zealand, I crashed and broke my foot in four places). I would have checked this one too but after doing others further up the track I gave this a miss due to some foot pain (from soft tissue damage and a painful haematoma) and the fact that to get to the cache meant a short but steep climb so it went on my mental check list to do soon. With the receipt of this email I decided I'll give it a shot this morning. Stand by.

GC4ATY8. .

Have been and checked. It was about 300m walk to GZ on a concrete walk/cycle track which is about my comfortable limit ATM. Needed help getting from track to actual GZ which was facilitated by some sturdy saplings providing needed support to pull myself up the slope. Cache was fine but had been obscured by a little leaf litter. I thought about upping the D level but decided it was ok. I added a little extra to the hint.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1