Download lab caches for GSAK

ZenGuru

Not much luck on this.  Looks like Groundspeak is doing all it can to prevent off-line recording of lab cache finds ?.  It seems the only way one can access lab caches anymore is through one of the smart phone apps.  Diehard Windows (and GSAK) users like myself seem to have no way to access their results through geocaching.com, thus "copy & paste" becomes problematic. Through the app, one can find the completed "caches" and their locations, but there is no function to export, copy, or otherwise manipulate the results.  Other than manually retyping the information, the only way I can imagine to get my desired results would be to (1) bring up the description information on my phone, (2) screen shot the image, (3) export the resultant .jpg file to Windows, (4) run it through an OCR program to convert it to text, (5) manually create the cache in GSAK, (6) copy & paste the text output of the OCR program into the location and description sections of the cache in GSAK, and finally (7) use the "create log" macro to enter my "find" log. Phew!!?  

On a brighter note, I did download the "create log" macro and used it to add logs to my previously downloaded lab cache finds.  Worked great!

2 hours ago, futurecube said:

Schöner Ansatz, aber für micht leider nicht praktikabel. Ich habe eine Excel Lösung entwickelt, die aus dem Clipboard eine fertige gpx-Datei entwickelt, die direkt in gsak geladen werden kann. Noch in der alpha Phase, aber es hat geklappt ...

Will you share it with us when it will leave its alpha-phase?

now it's beta ;) ... da ich mein Ziel (alle meine Labcaches nach gsak zu transferieren) erreicht habe, werde ich dieses kleine Programm nicht mehr weiterentwickeln. Es darf frei genutzt oder weiterentwickelt werden. //

since I have achieved my goal (tranfer all my labs to gsak), I will not continue to develop this small program. It can be freely used or further developed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GyRblBh-HlRjU_MzyfCHZ1R0HLdxdweXzxDdo5ikXm8

Einige Handarbeit, aber nicht allzu schwer und ja nur einmal zu machen ... bei Fragen fragen ...

Edited by futurecube