Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wet_Ground

Geocaching abbreviations

Posted (edited)

Can some one explain the abbreviations in geocaching I only was able to figer out a small few such as BYOP, SAWG, TFTH etc.. 

Edited by Wet_Ground
typo

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wet_Ground said:

Can some one explain the abbreviations in geocaching I only was able to figer out a small few such as BYOP, SAWG, TFTH etc.. 

The Glossary is a good place to start.

Acronyms  is another.

Edited by Michaelcycle
  • Helpful 4

I wish I had known about ICT (and the acronym glossary) when I first cached in the UK.

I made a trivia video at a local mega event and included a bunch of acronyms as well as some geocaching history and cache types.  The acronym list that Michaelcycle posted is awesome; I'll have to incorporate some of those into some future trivia challenge.

In case you're interested, see how you do in this geocaching trivia quiz.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

I made a trivia video at a local mega event and included a bunch of acronyms as well as some geocaching history and cache types.  The acronym list that Michaelcycle posted is awesome; I'll have to incorporate some of those into some future trivia challenge.

In case you're interested, see how you do in this geocaching trivia quiz.  

The only one that I didn't know was the location of the first event cache.  I know that it has been mentioned here but I just wasn't paying attention.