Waymarking.com invites

3 hours ago, FshngGC said:

If I enter a geocache under geocaching.com and also post the location under Waymarking.com can I invite geocaching visitors to also visit that location on Waymarking.com in the geocaching.com description?

Gah! Can you please explain that in simpler terms?

What would the waymark be? You have to choose one of over 1,000 categories.

IF I understand your question correctly: I can't see why you couldn't mention the waymark on the geocache page since there are even geocaching challenge caches that are all about finding waymarks.  You don't have any waymarks created just yet, though.

Sorry-trying to understand.

Edited by Max and 99
3 hours ago, FshngGC said:

If I enter a geocache under geocaching.com and also post the location under Waymarking.com can I invite geocaching visitors to also visit that location on Waymarking.com in the geocaching.com description?

To post your location under Waymarking.com, you need to create a waymark.

Have you already created this waymark ?

2 minutes ago, FshngGC said:

The waymark has been created...however I just posted it yesterday and am waiting for it to be published

Yah! Your first waymark! How exciting.

If you ever become interested in the ISS category (see the forum discussion), I  would love to partner with you! OK and IA sometimes have very similar flight paths.

It is totally fine to feature your waymark, and link to it, in your cache description.  Note that every cache page has a link to all nearby waymarks.  Most people don't even notice that it's there, and it doesn't appear in mobile apps, just on the website.  Including a link in your cache description means that some users might link to the waymark while at the cache, increasing the odds that your waymark will receive visits.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
1 minute ago, FshngGC said:

The geocache has been tampered with.  I could put it in a less conspicuous place for the cachers (to avoid unwanted  it "accidentally" being found) and put a note in the description suggesting they look for the waypoint?

Are you saying that you want to use a waymark on a cache page to show the real cache coordinates, instead of posting the real coords on the page since the cache has been tampered with?

6 hours ago, FshngGC said:

it's your geocache and waymark. Write what you  want. As long as it has the minimum requirements, all after that is up to the poster.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, FshngGC said:

Congrats on posting your first waymark!

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, FshngGC said:

The geocache has been tampered with.  I could put it in a less conspicuous place for the cachers (to avoid unwanted  it "accidentally" being found) and put a note in the description suggesting they look for the waypoint?

The question is: Is it a Traditional geocache? If yes, the coordinates have to be where the container is hidden. If you want to move the container to a different location, you have to change the coordinates of that geocache.

How about a Multi Cache instead? You can put the starting coordinates to whereever you like, create a path with one or more stages (one of which could be your waymark) and this way lead the geocachers to the spot where the geocache container is hidden.

PS: Congratulations for your first waymark. I posted 1,300+ waymarks so far, but haven't had the chance to post one in the category 'U.S. Benchmarks'.

Edited by PISA-caching
23 minutes ago, PISA-caching said:

The question is: Is it a Traditional geocache? If yes, the coordinates have to be where the container is hidden. If you want to move the container to a different location, you have to change the coordinates of that geocache.

How about a Multi Cache instead? You can put the starting coordinates to whereever you like, create a path with one or more stages (one of which could be your waymark) and this way lead the geocachers to the spot where the geocache container is hidden.

PS: Congratulations for your first waymark. I posted 1,300+ waymarks so far, but haven't had the chance to post one in the category 'U.S. Benchmarks'.

By looking at his profile you would have seen it is a traditional.

For info you can't change a traditional to a multi without archiving the first one.

Also by checking in your profile PISA-caching its harder to publish a US Benchmarks by living in Austria. Not impossible but more travelling required.

As soon as I move the geocache, the description will be edited accordingly, including, new location, the removal of the benchmark photos and an https://(etc.) of the waymark's web-page, along with a quick mention for interested geocachers...Thank you

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

By looking at his profile you would have seen it is a traditional.

For info you can't change a traditional to a multi without archiving the first one.

Also by checking in your profile PISA-caching its harder to publish a US Benchmarks by living in Austria. Not impossible but more travelling required.

Well, yes, I know that he would have archived the traditional and created a new Multi, but I didn't want to inform about the rules of geocaching, but rather give an idea. Anyway, I think he now knows what to do.

Yes, publishing a US Benchmark will be tough for me, but at least I took a photo of one (long time ago) without knowing that it is a Benchmark. So, I have at least a visit in that category.

No...this will not be a multi.cache

and archiving will not be necessary.  The reference to the waypoint will be put in as a mention to anybody interested in that.  Otherwise it will be the final destination for the person who's only interested in it as a geocache.