Painted rocks inside caches

13 minutes ago, koalabinski said:

My son was into the whole rock painting thing for a while (but then we found geocaching ?) but I would go to the hardware store and sort through the rock pile for nice flat white rocks. It would only cost a few dollars for about 10, and a lot of the time they just gave the rocks to us because we didn't have enough to even worry about weighing ?

How fun!

On 5/19/2019 at 10:57 PM, SwineFlew said:

I am noticed there are a huge painted rock crowd out there, bigger than geocaching. However,  how you guys feel about painted rocks inside caches? Yes, I been finding those rocks in caches at a high level. I got mixed feeling about it for a number of reasons.

We have been finding rocks lately with inspirational messages painted on them. I think today, with such uncertainty and turmoil we are experiencing...they bring joy to many. They help us to reset our thoughts to good thoughts, in my personal opinion. Today we found this rock. I'm placing it in one of our finds as swag. A Pay it Forward the good feelings it gave me. 

peacerock.jpg

6 hours ago, kunarion said:

Awesome!  I could probably manage to paint a word on a rock in a Geocaching theme.  "HIKE", "SEEK", something like that would be about the limit of my artistic ability. :cute:

I love this idea. Quotes for geocachers painted on rocks and placed in caches or our own cache hides. Better than a little stone, bottle cap, or even a screw that we found in one of our caches yesterday when doing a checkup on them. lol I removed it. 

"Found it! You are doing great!"

"Found it! Time to find more!"

"I <3 Geocaching"

"Beware of Muggles"

Can't think of more right now, on my first cup of coffee. What a game last night! 

1 minute ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Don't sell yourself short.  That's really good, and for a lot of people, no amount of practice will every produce such an artistic result.

+1

The more I practice, the worse I get.  When I'm creating something, my goal is to stop when it seems OK, at the point where if I continue, it becomes mess.  :cute:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HunterandSamuel said:

Love this idea! What kind of paint is recommended? Enamel paint? 

That would work.  You might paint the whole thing one color, and then paint a white area where the design will go (or leave that area white, unpainted).  Then apply the design with paint pens or Sharpie.