Help: Navigation Opens Uber :(

I'm trying to get driving/walking directions to a geocache but when I click on the car (directions); it opens uber automatically. This is of no help :( How can I change this? Note: I went to settings - apps - uber - it is NOT selected as a default. Google Maps IS selected as a default.

I also updated the geocaching app today. I also stopped it and restarted it.

Can anyone help?

3 hours ago, wanderlusttara said:

I'm trying to get driving/walking directions to a geocache but when I click on the car (directions); it opens uber automatically. This is of no help :( How can I change this? Note: I went to settings - apps - uber - it is NOT selected as a default. Google Maps IS selected as a default.

I also updated the geocaching app today. I also stopped it and restarted it.

Can anyone help?

Here’s what I figured out, to get Waze to pop up for car navigation:

It’s just an example, but that’s as specific as an answer may get, without knowing what model of phone you have. But for that reply I got an award for Most Helpful Dragon, so that counts for something, right? :P

[EDIT: I tried it on my Android phone just now.  I thought that setting an App to open by default would un-set the previous one, but it doesn't.  I set "Google Maps" to "Open by default - Open in this App" as I did in the linked thread above.  But Waze was still opening, so I went back into Apps and set Waze to "Don't open in this App", and now Google Maps opens when I tap car navigation in the Geocaching App.]

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1