Feature Request: [Notification] Mails in plain text format (as option)

AR-Team

Would be very great to have Emails send by Groundspeak in plain text format!

Not necessarily by default but as option configurable within the account settings.

Might to have all Emails as plain text or all emails as plain text and the newsletter as html mail.

Quick look at the differences between plain text emails and HTML emails.
The simplest explanation is that an HTML will contain images and colors while a plain text email contains no images, no graphics, and no formatting.
Beside the Newsletter all emails have the same images and graphics, which is no need to send again and again. This flush only the screen without any information or added value to it.

Plain text email pros

• All email clients display plain text emails the same, ensuring consistent delivery.
  • The message appears to be more personal, and not automated.
  • Some devices like the apple watch handle plain text better than HTML.
  • size of the mail is small view KB
  • all information can be seen on a single smart phone screen (without scrolling over useless pictures)

Plain text email cons

• Significantly decreased ability to track emails sent. might only needed for newsletter.
  • No colors, graphics, or formatting. Emails may lack a visual appeal. But no need of general emails like publish notifications and log notifications.
  • Harder to make call to actions stand out. That's only relevant for Newsletter.

HTML email pros

• Best tracking ability. For what is tracking of any notification mail relevant? 
  • Colors, graphics, and formatting can be used, adding visual appeal and highlighting products. No need to have this in notification Mails.
  • Call to actions can be made more prominent with buttons, fancy formatting, and more. never seen this used within notification Mails, so only used within Newsletter.

HTML email cons

• Some email clients and devices don’t handle HTML well (if at all) resulting in a jumble of code.
  • Images and graphics may be blocked by default in some email clients.
  • Too many HTML elements may be linked to placement in spam and promotions folders.
  • large data volume MB's instead of KB

• Helpful 1

I'm all for text only mails (it's the only type I've been sending since 1995). There's no need for eye candy in notifications, it only increases the datavolume needed which is a nuisance on pay/byte mobile data.

As for tracking, won't work here as I don't allow my email clients (windows and Android) to "interact" anyway, even on HTML display when chosen.

49 minutes ago, on4bam said:

I'm all for text only mails (it's the only type I've been sending since 1995). There's no need for eye candy in notifications, it only increases the datavolume needed which is a nuisance on pay/byte mobile data.

I created my text only converter because I couldn't find the message from these massive decorations. I follow actively my notifications and it took too long to find the message when using smartphone as an email client. On my desktop computer I have disabled the HTML format for security reasons.