Virtual CO not responding

AsphaltCowGurl

I found a *virtual* cache about a week ago and I sent the CO, 2 messages since then and haven't heard one peep. The cache instructions clearly say that you have to send the clues to the CO before logging or the log will be deleted. How long is reasonable to wait? It's been 2 months since the last log. What happens if I don't hear at all?

9 minutes ago, GaSnowLady said:

The cache instructions clearly say that you have to send the clues to the CO before logging or the log will be deleted.

You may log the found just after you have sent clues to the CO.  Some older virtual caches may additionally require that the CO must give you a permission before you can log it but it does not seem to be the case here.

3 hours ago, GaSnowLady said:

I found a *virtual* cache about a week ago and I sent the CO, 2 messages since then and haven't heard one peep. The cache instructions clearly say that you have to send the clues to the CO before logging or the log will be deleted. How long is reasonable to wait? It's been 2 months since the last log. What happens if I don't hear at all?

Not sure why you changed your name for these forums, but it's tough to help you when I get a 404 error...

If you're the same person that's linked to a response to an earlier post, the cache page says,

" TO VERIFY THE FIND YOU MUST E-MAIL ME THE INFO STAMPED ON THE CACHE!

Log your find first! If your email does not include the correct information, I delete your log. DO NOT include it in your post below, even if encrypted!"

That says log your find first.   I don't know how that could be made more clear.   :)

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, arisoft said:

Some older virtual caches may additionally require that the CO must give you a permission before you can log it but it does not seem to be the case here.

As I understand it, even these cases are not grandfathered in. For any virtual type of cache, you can log it as soon as you provide the necessary proof-of-visit.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2019 at 7:48 AM, GaSnowLady said:

I found a *virtual* cache about a week ago and I sent the CO, 2 messages since then and haven't heard one peep. The cache instructions clearly say that you have to send the clues to the CO before logging or the log will be deleted.

Sounds like you've sent the info therefore you can now log the Find.

If the CO has a problem with your answers then they can contact you about them. In a worst case scenario you might have to edit your log from a Find to a DNF.

I recently traveled and contacted 9 owners of virtuals or EarthCaches to supply the requested site information. Of those 9, 5 remained silent. Of the 4 that replied, 3 were "thank you for visiting" type replies. One of the replies requested the specified photo be posted. I don't wait for replies before posting finds.

3 hours ago, JL_HSTRE said:

Sounds like you've sent the info therefore you can now log the Find.

If the CO has a problem with your answers then they can contact you about them. In a worst case scenario you might have to edit your log from a Find to a DNF.

Well, the worst case is that the CO deletes the find without any comment. Still not a big deal, but annoying if you can't get an explanation.

• Upvote 1