Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
EdenRike

My Multi Cache is Taking a While to be Published

Posted (edited)

Hi there Geocaching Community

I have submitted the cache ages ago and I only have gotten one message from a reviewer. I fixed what the reviewer wanted but I have not had anything since. Do you believe it's just because its during the week or my cache is just dead.

Yes I do know its about patience

Thanks in advance!

Edited by EdenRike
remove
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EdenRike said:

I have submitted the cache ages ago and I only have gotten one message from a reviewer. I fixed what the reviewer wanted but I have not had anything since. Do you believe it's just because its during the week or my cache is just dead.

"ages ago" ?  The date on your listing is dated 3 days ago.  Your idea of "ages ago" is certainly different than what I would expect.

Most cache submissions can take up to a week before a Reviewer looks at it.  The Reviewer already looked at your cache to send you a message, and now that you've fixed the issue then you are back in the line/queue.  Please keep in mind that Reviewers are volunteers, with regular jobs and family commitments to attend to.  One will get to your submission in due time.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 2

11 minutes ago, noncentric said:

"ages ago" ?  The date on your listing is dated 3 days ago.  Your idea of "ages ago" is certainly different than what I would expect.

Most cache submissions can take up to a week before a Reviewer looks at it.  The Reviewer already looked at your cache to send you a message, and now that you've fixed the issue then you are back in the line/queue.  Please keep in mind that Reviewers are volunteers, with regular jobs and family commitments to attend to.  One will get to your submission in due time.

Thank you for your response!

I guess my idea of "ages ago" is certainly different than what you would expect.

I do need to be more patient then :)

I thought geocaching volunteers were part timers but I didn't know everything like you said e.g. the queue. 

Thanks for your help!

I appreciate it!

Just one quick question. 

Do premium members get priority over basic when it comes to the queue of getting published?

34 minutes ago, EdenRike said:

Just one quick question. 

Do premium members get priority over basic when it comes to the queue of getting published?

Such a benefit has not been mentioned in advertising for premium membership. The publishing order depends on voluntary reviewers. You should try to bribe one of them to speed up the service. ;)

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, EdenRike said:

Just one quick question. 

No, although HQ Policy  suggests to prioritize Events and CITO ahead of other cache types, due to the time sensitive nature of those cache types.

Your Listing appears to be awaiting an additional review from the original Reviewer.  Keep in mind, your area is covered by a worldwide Reviewer, so they have a number of areas to look through.  Your patience is appreciated.

Also looking at your Listing page, there are a number of complications involving external links which requires additional work to track down if the offsite websites are allowed or not.   This sort of arrangement for a Multi is unusual, and creates some additional complexity to the Review process.

• Helpful 3

I see that an initial review was provided on a same-day basis - May 12th.  For a complex cache design like this one, that's pretty impressive!  

As volunteers, we strive to provide an initial review within seven days.  Most of the time, we beat that goal.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

On 5/16/2019 at 8:49 PM, Keystone said:

I see that an initial review was provided on a same-day basis - May 12th.  For a complex cache design like this one, that's pretty impressive!  

As volunteers, we strive to provide an initial review within seven days.  Most of the time, we beat that goal.

Well in my time tomorrow will be exactly 7 days after I posted it so maybe they need to change up their goal.

It may not say 7 days ago but I first started the submission on sunday last week.

BTW it's saturday where I live 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, EdenRike said:

Well in my time tomorrow will be exactly 7 days after I posted it so maybe they need to change up their goal.

It may not say 7 days ago but I first started the submission on sunday last week.

BTW it's saturday where I live 

Don't get me wrong I realize how they work hard during the week 🤗😀

I should not speak to soon

Edited by EdenRike

Posted (edited)

The service level was already met.  It begins with the initial submission log (reviewers would not be looking at your cache page prior to when you submit it for review).  The timestamp on that "submitted it to be published" log is 05/12/2019 02:12:16

The timestamp on the reviewer's log is 05/12/2019 12:58:21 - not quite 11 hours later, vs. a goal of seven days.  Remember that your reviewer lives in the USA.  Again, impressive.

Your reviewer then followed up with a repeat request to add the hidden waypoint for the second stage of your multicache.  The timestamp for that log is 05/17/2019 01:25:29

The seven day goal is for the initial review - NOT for publication.  I am sure that, once your changes stabilize, your reviewer will be back to have another look at your cache page.

Edited by Keystone
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Keystone said:

The service level was already met.  It begins with the initial submission log (reviewers would not be looking at your cache page prior to when you submit it for review).  The timestamp on that "submitted it to be published" log is 05/12/2019 02:12:16

The timestamp on the reviewer's log is 05/12/2019 12:58:21 - not quite 11 hours later, vs. a goal of seven days.  Remember that your reviewer lives in the USA.  Again, impressive.

Your reviewer then followed up with a repeat request to add the hidden waypoint for the second stage of your multicache.  The timestamp for that log is 05/17/2019 01:25:29

The seven day goal is for the initial review - NOT for publication.  I am sure that, once your changes stabilize, your reviewer will be back to have another look at your cache page.

But it will get published eventually right? 

36 minutes ago, EdenRike said:

But it will get published eventually right? 

It depends on whether the second stage is allowed or not. Generally, the initial review may be much faster than additional reviewing steps if there is more than one reviewer on the area. If the initial review has any problems, the reviewer who started the review will also finish it which reduces the chances of quick finishing.

8 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Published! Congrats!

Thx!

Well thank you everyone for keeping me motivated, you are one of the best communities I know. 

Keep it up, and again Thank You.

PS:

If you ever come to Singapore be sure to give this multicache a shot :) 🤩😎🙃

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.32.59 AM 1.png

• Upvote 1