Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Sulky team

How do I remove geocaches from the GPSmap64st

Hello, I have purchased a Garmin GPSmap64st from Garmin. This device is controlled with all the geocaches of the Netherlands in it. I find that very annoying because I can't get it out. Normally I remove things like that on Base Camp but I don't even get to see them. Does anyone know how I can get those caches out?

Hook up to a computer, look for the x:/Garmin/GGZ folder and delete the *.ggz file.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

You can also simply rename the GGZ file if desired.

Replace *.ggz with *.zip, for example.

Be aware, the next time you boot the GPSr, the database update may take a considerable amount of time, so be patient!

More GPSMAP 64 info here.

Enjoy your new GPSr!

Edited by Atlas Cached

2 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

You can also simply rename the GGZ file if desired.

Why keep the file? It takes op space and many caches are outdated anyway (archived, disabled) and newer ones are not included.

• Helpful 1

Thank you for your help, I have been able to delete all caches via the GGZ folder and delete the * .ggz file. I'm happy with that.

1 hour ago, on4bam said:

Why keep the file? It takes op space and many caches are outdated anyway (archived, disabled) and newer ones are not included.

Absolutely correct.

However, I like to offer users an additional option that is reversible, should they decide they didn't want to delete the file after the fact, or should they accidentally delete the wrong file (even worse). 

Same reason your PC has a Recycle Bin, so you can recover accidentally deleted files before you delete them permanently. Of course, the GPSr has no such recycle bin...