Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
EdenRike

Multi-Cache Publishing Duration

Hi Geocaching Community!

I am sort of a noob on Geocaching. I am hiding my first Multi-Cache and was wondering if any of you experienced Geicachers have an estimate time on how long it usually takes for a Multi-Cache to get published

My questions:

Does a Multi-Cache take longer to be reviewed than a Traditional cache?

Does the reviewer need more notes than a Traditional Cache

Thanks in advance

Seven days is the official target time frame.  Link for reference:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=97&pgid=74

I moved this thread from the Website Bug Reports and Feature Suggestions forum.

Unlike a traditional cache, for a multicache you will want to include in your reviewer note a description of each container and how it is hidden.  It helps if you summarize the design and logic of the multicache in your reviewer note, so that your reviewer is confident that there are good instructions for getting from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

• Upvote 1

In your reviewer note you should describe what's at each waypoint, preferably with a photo attached if it's a virtual waypoint, and a clear explanation of how cachers will use the information at each waypoint to determine the coordinates of the final.

My reviewer generally processes caches in batches a few times each week and I've never had to wait longer than the next batch for a multi to be published, so no, as long as the reviewer has enough information to understand how the multi works, it shouldn't take significantly longer than a traditional. My most recent cache, a multi with seven waypoints in addition to the listed coordinates and final (GC879J3), was published the day after I submitted it.