Cannot download already found GCs to Garmin etrex 10

Hello.  I have a 4 year old Garmin etrex 10 GPS which I use geocaching.  It's very basic, but I prefer it immensely over the Geocaching app on my phone.  Anyways, I noticed a problem just recently, due to a new Geotrail in my area (that has required some "re-visits" to caches I've already found).  For caches that I have already found, when I download the gpx files to my Garmin from my Windows PC on geocaching.com, they don't show up.  I've tried downloading them through the website automatically and manually.   Has anyone heard of this happening? Is this just a glitch?  Is there any way to get those re-visit GCs on my etrex?  Thanks all for your help!

I needed to go into an area I've cached in before. At first I tried loading a Pocket Query set for caches I'd not found and also for ones that I'd found. That resulted in 0 caches in the PQ. I reset the parameters for caches I don't own and that are enabled and turned off the not found and found buttons. Voila. I had a PQ with both found and unfound caches in the area. However, the found caches did not appear in the Geocaches list. They did appear on the Map page where I could move my cursor, highlight them, go to them and also then see the details of the cache page as always. Only unfound caches were appearing on the Geocaches GPS page.

Yes the previously found .gpx files ARE listed when in the Garmin GPX folder on my PC, but when I look on my etrex, they're gone.  I do always delete the .gpx files from my PC, so my Recent Finds folder IS empty.  How do I set my etrex to NOT filter out found caches?  Thanks for your help!

On 5/14/2019 at 9:26 AM, LVSciGuy said:

I needed to go into an area I've cached in before. At first I tried loading a Pocket Query set for caches I'd not found and also for ones that I'd found. That resulted in 0 caches in the PQ. I reset the parameters for caches I don't own and that are enabled and turned off the not found and found buttons. Voila. I had a PQ with both found and unfound caches in the area. However, the found caches did not appear in the Geocaches list. They did appear on the Map page where I could move my cursor, highlight them, go to them and also then see the details of the cache page as always. Only unfound caches were appearing on the Geocaches GPS page.

The reason you got zero caches in your PQ results is because there aren't any caches that you have both found and unfound.  That filter section is an AND filter, so it will only return a cache if you have both found and not found it - which is obviously not possible.  You'd also get zero results if you selected both "I own" and "I don't own".  If you want to run queries with conflicting criteria, then you need to create separate queries.

If you want a .gpx file that contains ALL of your found caches, then you'll need to run a MyFinds query (see below).  It can only be run once every 3 days though and will contain all of your finds, even if the cache is archived.  Running a PQ for caches you've found will return no more than 1000 caches.

image.png.c607444e7dc0bf48fe319019f62b9ad4.png