Cachercats

cachercats

Today as I clicked on play then view map and nothing came up on both computers. I use internet explorer, windows 10. been using this browser all the time. it was working yesterday.

I tried the map on google chrome and it worked but that is not the preferred browser for me. I has to have something to do with IE.

Edited by cachercats

It could be that there aren't many caches in your immediate area with the maps so zoomed in.  Try clicking out on the zoom tool in the lower left.  A small box appears at the top of the map labeled "Search this area".  Caches should load after a few seconds.

When you say the new Search Map, are you referring to the map after I click "Search geocaches'?

I clicked on that for the first time, and it's clunky and MUCH slower to load. Many of the local streets are not showing until I increase the magnification, and at lower magnification most of the caches don't show.  Useless. Amateurish junk.  Back to the other map.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, cachercats said:

Today as I clicked on play then view map and nothing came up on both computers. I use internet explorer, windows 10. been using this browser all the time. it was working yesterday.

I tried the map on google chrome and it worked but that is not the preferred browser for me. I has to have something to do with IE.

When I click on Play, then View Map, I get a blank screen.   

- The same blank screen when I click on "Search geocaches near you (go to map)"  on the search page. 

Is that what you mean by "nothing came up" ?   Windows 7pro,  IE11.

I don't use it, but if I did, it'd be confusing to see and probably would  bug me too.   Just saying same here.    :)

I understand you may like Internet Explorer, and may be accustomed to it after many years, and think it's "the best" browser, but...you need to stop using Internet Explorer. Microsoft isn't developing it anymore, isn't actively supporting it anymore. Many websites are either dropping support for it, or aren't putting effort into supporting it and features on those sites are just slowly dying off for IE users. More and more of the web is going to stop working properly for you as time goes on.

It's time to move on. Edge is a hot mess at the moment. I recommend Firefox to Windows users who don't need perfect compatibility with the Google suite of web-based apps.

Edited by dakboy
  • Helpful 1