Downloading Bookmark List data?

thebruce0

Is it just me or is there now no way to download a Bookmark List's cache data, apart from creating and running a PQ on the List?

- There's no 'Select all / Download LOC' options.

- GSAK doesn't have a Download List feature, only add to list

- The latest updated macro to download a list has an API error and won't run. (maybe that's me and there's a way to fix this?)

- The maps don't have a download to GPX option

- The bookmark list page (now forced to the new layout) doesn't have a download option.

... Ironically, the only tool I can find that lets me download a list is the defunct iOS app Geosphere, which uses the API to import directly from a bookmark list.  Why doesn't GSAK have a List Import option? That's kind of always baffled me.

Am I missed a method here? Or am I the only person in the world who wants to download a list of caches I explicitly add to a Bookmark List? =/

No, HHL, it's not there. Do you want my screenshot?

The List Manager is macro I have installed already, but if I run it, it throws an API error.

See my comment in the OP: "The latest updated macro to download a list has an API error and won't run. (maybe that's me and there's a way to fix this?)"

Edited by thebruce0

Yes, it's in the bookmark list, I missed that. But it changes nothing. It's not in the GUI, and the macro is throwing an API error. The macro is 1.15, its latest, and I'm running GSAK 8.7.1.81.

image.png.8341f3719dbf96033bb0d479a65156b7.png

So let's run with this, as in my original post:

The latest updated macro to download a list has an API error and won't run. (maybe that's me and there's a way to fix this?)

24 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

Is it just me or is there now no way to download a Bookmark List's cache data, apart from creating and running a PQ on the List?

- There's no 'Select all / Download LOC' options.

- GSAK doesn't have a Download List feature, only add to list

- The latest updated macro to download a list has an API error and won't run. (maybe that's me and there's a way to fix this?)

- The maps don't have a download to GPX option

- The bookmark list page (now forced to the new layout) doesn't have a download option.

... Ironically, the only tool I can find that lets me download a list is the defunct iOS app Geosphere, which uses the API to import directly from a bookmark list.  Why doesn't GSAK have a List Import option? That's kind of always baffled me.

Am I missed a method here? Or am I the only person in the world who wants to download a list of caches I explicitly add to a Bookmark List? =/

If you mean that you wish to download a GPX file of a list, the site provides that function.  But the catch is, you download directly to a Garmin GPS using Garmin Express.  That’s cool and all, unless you want the GPX file, in which case it’s found on the GPS once downloaded.

Just now, kunarion said:

If you mean that you wish to download a GPX file of a list, the site provides that function.  But the catch is, you download directly to a Garmin GPS using Garmin Express.  That’s cool and all, unless you want the GPX file, in which case it’s found on the GPS once downloaded.

Yeah, I tried download to Garmin but I don't use that so it didn't go anywhere.  c'est la vie.

Got the update to GSAK that now provides the new API access and List Manager.

A quicker productive answer to the original post could have been something like this:

"Do you have the latest gsak update installed? Here's the latest patch: <link>"

Sorry I'm a little bitter, the thread went downhill really quick. :huh:

Original question's answered, it can be closed, or not, whatev, thanks! :P

2 minutes ago, HHL said:
7 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

A quicker productive answer to the original post could have been something like this:

No, as GSAK only was noted as a sidenote. You just ask the wrong question with weird accusations.

No, you chose to answer the GSAK question ("is there a way to fix this?") with insufficient information, and continued quite condescendingly.

The issue has been resolved - there is a way, via the latest version of GSAK. Do I feel dumb for not seeing and using the 'check latest version' menu option instead of trying to find the latest version from other non-trivial ways? Yup. No need to make things worse. Question answered, case closed. Thanks.