Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
topazfae

How do I download data on my finds?

I would like to download my data on my finds - such as type, state, title.  I tried the pocket query and use GC projects but was not able to get information that I wanted.  I'm very sure that there is a way for me to get raw data on my finds.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

The feature that arisoft refers to is the "My Finds" pocket query, which is a special option on the Pocket Queries page.

From THIS PAGE of the Help Center:

image.png.6844efbff148989b613c07f0ce6de449.png

Aloha !

Elas, the tips from arisoft and noncentric do not work since pocket queries will max out on 1000 chaches  or 500 km.

I tried to run some queries on my cache-buddies profile, who found 920, I only got as far as a downloadable file of 450 caches.

Cheeeeeeeeeers,

Jecepede

14 minutes ago, jecepede said:

Aloha !

Elas, the tips from arisoft and noncentric do not work since pocket queries will max out on 1000 chaches  or 500 km.

I tried to run some queries on my cache-buddies profile, who found 920, I only got as far as a downloadable file of 450 caches.

Cheeeeeeeeeers,

Jecepede

Please read the recommendations again - carefully. You should download the special PQ MyFinds. That PQ does hold all your finds (even if there are more than 1000).

Edited by HHL
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jecepede said:

I tried to run some queries on my cache-buddies profile

The TO asked for: " my data on my finds". Easy to understand, right?

Aloha ! 

Oh I should of elaborated. I can login to my cache buddies profile so in essence I am my cache buddy after I log into my cache buddies profile.

So my cache buddies finds are... my finds... (Am I making sence ?)

Soooo read carefully again.... and.... I got 450 caches ?

This is what the output of the query looks like :

1.     (lightning-icon) My Finds Pocket Query         1.02 Mb            450             22/Jun/2019 (6 days remaining)

What am I doing wrong ? We have wanted this for ions but can't get over the 1000 caches/500 km boundary ???

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers,

Jecepede

Edited by jecepede

1 minute ago, jecepede said:

What am I doing wrong ?

You're occupying another's thread with your issue different from the TO. That's bad behaviour. Full stop

46 minutes ago, jecepede said:

A whole lot of duplicate finds?  Loads of lab caches?  Never had an issue with the My Finds PQ, and I now have over 5000 finds.

You have over a 1000 finds on your own  account.  Does it work for you?

• Upvote 1

Aloha !

45 minutes ago, HHL said:

You're occupying another's thread with your issue different from the TO. That's bad behaviour. Full stop

I stand corrected. This should have gottin it's own thread.

My reasoning was I did not want to double post and hopefully spare the original poster the same mistake as I am doing... 1/4 impuls ahead ?

34 minutes ago, IceColdUK said:

You have over a 1000 finds on your own  account.  Does it work for you?

I have not tried since I figuerd : If it does not work with 920 caches, why try with an account that has even more caches...

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers,

Jecepede

56 minutes ago, jecepede said:

I have not tried since I figuerd : If it does not work with 920 caches, why try with an account that has even more caches...

Well it works with over 5000! 🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1