Music paused in app

I’ve just downloaded the iPhone app, and it seems like it won’t let me play music/podcasts while the app is open! This is very frustrating. If I press play in control center, it resumes until the control center is closed, when it pauses again.

Is this a known bug?

On 5/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, timothymh said:

I’ve just downloaded the iPhone app, and it seems like it won’t let me play music/podcasts while the app is open! This is very frustrating. If I press play in control center, it resumes until the control center is closed, when it pauses again.

Is this a known bug?

I can't listen to the Geocaching podcasts or  the advertised "10 Best Geocaching Songs" while I'm using the app to geocache? That's crazy talk!

What's the point of a Geocaching Mix tape if I can't listen to it while I look for geocaches? :o

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2018/03/the-top-10-best-geocaching-songs/

Edited by Max and 99
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:02 PM, timothymh said:

Is this a known bug?

What App are you using to play music/podcasts, and what are music/podcasts?

I tried stored and streaming music on the Apple "Music" player and my 3rd-party music player, Amazon Prime music streaming, and Bluetooth and wired audio output, and it plays fine regardless of whether or not the Official Geocaching App is running or not, or regardless when I run it.  This is on an iPhone 8 running IOS 12.2.